Anyone do karate?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
I'm thinking of giving karate lessons a try. There is a group at my gym that teaches Tang Soo Do, which is a Korean mixed martial arts.

The main reason I want to learn is so I can feel confident I could defend myself if necessary. I don't think I would need it in present day, but I think it would help me psychologically due to past abuse issues.

I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experiences.

I used to take Karate and loved it. The kind I took was called Wado Kai which is a japanese style. It definitely helps with confidence and respect. Its also just a good workout and fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it. Sometimes I think about getting back into it.

I took Tang Soo Do as well as kickboxing, a weapons class for a short time. I then switched gyms to a boxing gym. They all helped to build my confidence. I also suffer from depression and theyhelped withthat as well.

Just remember you will only get out of it what you put into it. If you work hard and push yourself you will be able to defend yourself. Also, after a while it will become instinct. I once had my brother-in-law walk up behind me while I was vacuming. I heard a slight noise behind me and without thinking I had turned quickly, in a fighting stance and ready to hit.

Latest posts

Back