Anybody have photo's of Bun's Run Free??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
I have a problem,, I found out that the Big Bun is a buck and is with a young Doe. And we only have 2 cages. One cage is small and haves the Blue Buck in it,, And the other cage is big and tall and haves the big buck and the little Doe.

Here's my question about Run Free and if anybody haves photos,, So i know what i should do,, I have a spare bedroom downstairs.. Should i let the Doe Run free in there and if you have photos of the setup??

Thanks, Misty

Unless you want babies right now (and I assume you don't :D , you could construct a free run space in the bedroom. I don't think I would trust her to become automatically free roaming.

2 sets of NIC panels would allow you to build a cage and a large exercise pen.
Put down coroplast for a cage bottom , and lay a tarp under the external exercise pen (prevents messes on your floor).

I don't know how good your doe is with a litter box(?)

Or, if you have a dog kennel, let her hang out in there and attach an exercise run.

i would also recommend coroplast or some sort of flooring that is not fabirc and can be wiped clean.
and nic cages are great, would be really good for your needs where you could seperate all three comfortably

and i have two free roaming buns but they still have an NIC cage that just stays open. I lock them up when i have the other bun out or if im going to be gone for a long time

i dont really have a picture of my room
but i have a waterer to drink out of for buns cat and dog
i have 2 litter boxes in most used corners, and then 2 in their cage
and then some cardboard boxes and toys and what not...a box of shredded newspaper for my digger

As I recall, you used to breed pugs. Do you still have a puppy exercise pen handy? If so, you could simply set that up in the spare room (on top of a tarp or a vinyl tablecloth or even a piece of indoor-outdoor carpeting to protect the carpet underneath) for her. Just add litter box, food and water bowls, and a cardboard box or tube to hide in.

This site has some excellent examples of pen setups:

http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/adoption/pen_living.html

If you don't have a pen handy, creating a pen out of NIC cubes is more cost-effective and just as sturdy (if built properly).

Hope that helps!

Rue

Thank All of You... I caught him humping her this morning. So I took her out right away and put her in the spare bedroom, Put her litter box down and put the baby gate up in the door so the dog cant go in there and chase her.. I do not want no babies right now.

It's kind of hard getting anything no hardly no money right now. My hubby just gotten a mim wage job and 32 hrs a week, Just to pay our rent and bills. So the bedroom is good enough for now.

I hear you on the tight finances, Misty. Been there, done that,and, still doing it. ;)

I dunno if this helps, but for the first month we had Gus, he lived on the floor of the spare bathroom. However, his litter habits weren't perfect (they're much better now) so he did pee and poop on the floor more than I liked. So just be aware that moving her might set her litter box habits back a bit. A mix of vinegar and water worksreally well to clean up pee stainsfrom carpet--better than a lot of carpet spot removers. (Wish I'dknown about this trick YEARS ago when mykids were little! :p)

Also,Gus liked to chew the baseboard and the drywall behind the toilet. I found rubbing a bar of Ivory soap (99.9% pure!) on the spots he liked to chew worked well to deter him.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Not having a go or anything, but rabbit breeding can cost a lot of money. Don't know if you read Peg's thread about what to consider before you breed in the rabbitry, but vets bills can run into the hundreds. I wouldn't breed at all until you are in a more finacially stable postition :)

irishbunny wrote:
Not having a go or anything, but rabbit breeding can cost a lot of money. Don't know if you read Peg's thread about what to consider before you breed in the rabbitry, but vets bills can run into the hundreds. I wouldn't breed at all until you are in a more finacially stable postition :)
Yes, I have read that thread already.. I know all about it. Exspieally yes, I used to be a dog pug breeder.. And you need money to have babies... That is why I was asking what i need to do. I do not need no babies until Spring or Early Summer for my son for the fair..

funnybunnymummy wrote:
As I recall, you used to breed pugs. Do you still have a puppy exercise pen handy? If so, you could simply set that up in the spare room (on top of a tarp or a vinyl tablecloth or even a piece of indoor-outdoor carpeting to protect the carpet underneath) for her. Just add litter box, food and water bowls, and a cardboard box or tube to hide in.

This site has some excellent examples of pen setups:

http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/adoption/pen_living.html

If you don't have a pen handy, creating a pen out of NIC cubes is more cost-effective and just as sturdy (if built properly).

Hope that helps!

Rue
Yes, I used to be a pug breeder until my boy died last Feb. But I just got another pug to start out again in the future. No, I dont have a exercise pen, I do have a medium dog kennel that was for our Doberman but she out grew it.. I have put her in the bedroom and put her litter box down.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
one of the bunnies we rescued came from a family who found her after her owners had tossed her out like garbage. They kept her in one of their bathrooms as they didn't have a hutch and did not plan on having a bunny.
I'm not like that at all.. I just need to do something until they can all go outdoors when it starts getting nice out. She's just a baby and does not need no babies right now.. Its better doing this then letting her have babies at this young.. And we didnt know he was a buck,, He was supposed to be a Doe at first.

I will take pictures of the bedroom and the setup that i have got for her that im still working on but the baby woke up and stopped me what i was doing for the bun..

Here's the pictures for my Doe..

001-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

mistyjr wrote:
Nancy McClelland wrote:
one of the bunnies we rescued came from a family who found her after her owners had tossed her out like garbage. They kept her in one of their bathrooms as they didn't have a hutch and did not plan on having a bunny.
I'm not like that at all.. I just need to do something until they can all go outdoors when it starts getting nice out. She's just a baby and does not need no babies right now.. Its better doing this then letting her have babies at this young.. And we didnt know he was a buck,, He was supposed to be a Doe at first.
Um, I think you missed the point, Misty ;) She was saying that the bathroom worked for that family. It wasn't a personal remark :D.

personally, i would put one of the males as free roaming. females tend to pee randomly more. i know my male unnuetered was litter trained at 5 months

and if you have a spare kennel, use it as a cage. i use dog kennels as cages because how convenient it was

fuzz16 wrote:
personally, i would put one of the males as free roaming. females tend to pee randomly more. i know my male unnuetered was litter trained at 5 months

and if you have a spare kennel, use it as a cage. i use dog kennels as cages because how convenient it was
I have notice that the Big Buck is spraying or something because he sure gets it all over the cage and it sure stinks more.

funnybunnymummy wrote:
How is she enjoying all the free space today?

Rue
I think she likes all the room and getting the exercise. I went in there this morning to check on her. I didnt see no pee wet spots on the carpet. But there was sure poo all over. But my dang daughter went in there and was biting the poor bun. I heard her screaming and went right in there. Her poor head was all wet. But I think she likes all the room,, But I gotten her a hay wheel and she havent touched it yet. I dont know if she dont like it or she dont know how to use it.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
Nancy McClelland wrote:
Um, I think you missed the point, Misty ;) She was saying that the bathroom worked for that family. It wasn't a personal remark :D.
Oh sorry,

Latest posts

Back