Anybody else's bunnies waking them up lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my little stinkers have been waking me up a bit more recently by digging at various things

I've heard the cooler weather makes buns more active. Not sure what the weather is like where you live........

Agnes and Archie are two floors below me at night so I don't hear a thing. I slept down there a few nights ago and remembered how I could NEVER sleep consistently in the same room as them. Too noisy! :)

if i cage murphy and sebi at night...murphy will throw a horrid fit lol so she sleeps by the bed or at the end of the bed lol..i get punished by her peeing on the pillow if i push her out of bed lol

My boys had a big fight the other day for the first time ever, and one of my theories was because of the weather change...

They have DEFINITELY been waking me up during an extra rowdy zoom!

Joshua didn't clip their door shut right and Panda & Bunnicula broke out last night. She zoomed over my face about 3 am, he ran across about an hour later. Oh silly buns, why is it always my FACE? Otherwise I would let them out all night! :p

Brandy--yes! Why do they jump on the face;)

Harvey and Halo haven't been waking me up but they have been incredibly active for the past couple of days. Running, binkieing, jumping, digging, digging, digging. Might be the weather?

Bathroom at about 3am and heard commotion in the bunny room and they're usually sound asleep by then. I peeked in and Halo was up, all alone, dancing on a pile of sheets:) Really. She would smuch the sheets down binkie straight up in the air like she was so proud of her smushing. Then repeat. Then circle the sheets. Then smush. Then binkie. Then flop. Then jump and run. And repeat:)

"All righty then" I said, "I'll leave you alone to do what you need to do."

My rabbits cage is in my living room. I sleep with my bedroom door closed so I never hear them. I occasionally sleep in my living room near the bunnies. Their cage at my parents house is in my bedroom where I sleep. They keep me up for a couple of minutes before I fall asleep, but nothing major. (I have a hard time falling asleep as it is). I am actually planning on moving my rabbits cage into my bedroom (when I can get some help moving heavy furniture around). This way they will be allowed to run around more.

oh yes! Cheeni would be thumping in her cage hoping around at 6 am every morning saying "please please let me out!". Now I let her cage door be left open at night as my room is bunny proofed. The first couple of times I did a few months ago she would pee on my bed but I think it was out of excitement and not thinking she should jump off and run to the litter box. But now I have started it again and she usually falls asleep and doesnt jump on the bed when its dark. The first night I stayed awake just to see if she was running and sure enough she was! I heard her find her litterbox, food and water bottle so I knew she would be okay. Now as soon as the sun comes up she is on my bed. Some mornings I will wake up to her licking my nose (Its the cutest). We both sleep comfortably at night now :)

My bunnies are quiet all through the night until about 10 to 6 then they bang and dig and bite the cage and try to get out. I read somewhere they are really good alarm clocks.... my partner is up at 6 o clock Monday to Friday so i wonder if that's why?? Not great when i actually have a Saturday or Sunday off work though! haha

My girl Taz loves the new toys i put in her cage. One slight problem: she does not play with them much during the day. She prefers to bang them around her cage at night (and her cage is in my room) She eats during the day, but likes to eat most at night. This involves banging her bowls around as well. And of course, Taz is a decorator bunny, and will sometimes rearrange things in her cage if she doesn't like the way I put them. The only thing is, she does it ALL AT NIGHT! When I'm sleeping! I get woken up by her a lot :rollseyes

Back