Any tips for a shedding bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A & B

Reaction score
The title is pretty self-explanatory. My bun is shedding pretty bad and there's fur everywhere. I've had him for 2 months and it seems like he goes through a big shed every few weeks. This one is the biggest for sure. I pluck him a few times a day and there's enough fur to fit in the palm of my hand securely. Any tips to help him get through this will help.

You should groom him as much as possible. Maybe like an hour a day? You can also give him digestive support tablets by oxbow or you can give him small bits or papaya, this will help his digestive system break down the fur since rabbits cant throw up. :)

I've been having this same problem with my oldest boy (about 1 and half year old). This is the worst shedding he has ever been through. I tried a cheap 4 dollar cat deshedding thing from Petco and it worked some but not as good as just a normal black short comb you can get at like walmart or the dollar store. I haven't tried the fancy $30 deshedding tool yet but I've heard good things about it though, I just didn't have $30 at the time when I was in Petco a couple weeks ago.

He is almost completely done getting his winter coat now but it was so bad that a huge wad of fur came off every time I went to pet him. I used that cheap black comb on him and he seemed to like it cause he would sit still for a long time and let me use it on him. I could comb enough fur off of him in one sitting to make another bunny it has been so bad this year.

Latest posts

Back