Any other reason why a bunny would sneeze alot besides snuffles?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissfan4ever

Reaction score
Last thirsday my brother saialo* white bunny was sneezing alot. i was thinking bunny cold (if that is even real) but i google seearched to be sure. all i searched was rabbit sneezing alot and every search result had to do with snuffles. i told my mom and said the bunny or to be safe both bunnies need a vet right away..she says no they are fine. wow. so i looked up symptoms. the bunny only has one sneezing. i wiped his nose and no snot. no issuing with his eyes. the other bunny shows no signs either. my mom says just leave them alone (no petting picking up til saturday. told that that will do nothing. she won't listin. i don't drive so i cann't take them to the vet myself. any other reason one of the bunnies could be sneezing alot? if it is snuffles could he fight it himself?

The bunnies are 9 weeks old. we got them a week ago. they stay in the house.

i use aspen bedding. i am begining to think they are allergic to it (figures i bought a big bag of the stuff). Neither bunny has all symptoms of snuffles just the sneezing. i wiped their noses with my finger and found nothing wet checked their front paws to see if they happened to wipe crap off their noses and found nothing. no eye symptoms. they are both active (jumping around their cage now since they had no excerise time

They must be allergic to it then. Do you use any harsh chemicals to clean their cages?

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

My 5-year-old mini rex sneezes multiple times per day in little fits as well and has ever since I got her 9.5 weeks ago. I took her to the vet but he said to just keep checking for wet nose/runny eyes and if those don't show up, it's probably just an allergy. She was living on cedar bedding before I got her and I removed it, but no improvement. It doesn't seem to have worsened or improved. I think it's just one of those things where you need to use trial and error with changing bedding/hay type etc. and hopefully figure it out yourself, but a vet visit would be great to be safe! Good luck!

you may be right. my mom useally gets pine but i read online that they can't have that kind. my bunnies are netherland dwarf. any suggestions on bedding?

I use care fresh bedding and my bunny was sneezing alot too but I found out it was from the dust from her pellets I took a cup and poked holes in the bottom of it and sift her food before I put it into her bowl it has helped her alot.

Back