Any one smart about Dental Care?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Sorry for the topics on my health - but I have a hard time joining some health forums.
Even though I have a job - I can not afford a dentis.
When I turned 19, my insurence was turned off - thus, too expensive formy family - and I have many dental problems. There's the inheritedextremely sensive molars, a silver cap that is extremely sensitive tometal objects, several chipped teeth from seizures, and onecavity(Very, very, old.).

The problem is, my old dentis was a quack. No matter how many timeshe'd put filling on my cavity, about 3 chipped botton teeth, and abadly broken canine - they would come off very easily. The silver capis fine - had it ever since I was a young child. But I had recentlychipped open(A little crack.) a buck tooth near the gum linefrom a seizure. I've recently noticed that crack started to turn intoan open hole. I was wondering if it was a cavity - thenagain, I'm not a kid any more and I'm more self concious on my smile.Not to mention it's not sensitive to sugery substances like chocolate,like my other cavity is.

Well, yesterday, I was eating some garlic basted shrimp soup, and likeusuall, those little parsly bits get stuck in that **** crack. It's soembarassing. But that's not the problem - it's hard to getout. But this little bugger yesterday got snugged in there. I brushedit and it started coming out. Then I took a tooth pick to finishpulling it out - but I accedently pushed it in!! I tried to dig it out- but it slipped under the side of the crack!! I thought it was just avaccent crack that didn't lead any where other than what I can see!! Iactually felt it once it slipped under there. That may be possible thatin other hallow places on that tooth are exposing my gum or root.
It didn't hurt, but it was very annoying. Especially to think about!!Who likes having food stuck IN SIDE your teeth!! Ewww!! I didn't see itcome out today when brushing, but I'm wonder if it's still in there!!I'm so iched about this!!
Don't get me wrong, I brush my teeth every day whith this expensivePre-Brush Mouth Wash, great tooth paste, and nictotice-stainpreventing antiseptic mouth wash.

A tiny parsly flake shouldn't stay in there long(I hope.).But is there any way I can keep it safe for the time being? Would thatstore-bought filling kit be helpfull? I'm scared, cause I don't whantmy teeth to rot and pulled out!! And I DEFENANTY can't afford dentures- plus, their just plain nasty!!
I would appreciate any advice!!
Thanx a bunches!!

You are cracking teeth while havingseizures?Do you know when you will be getting to adentist? Sorry to hear your old one was a quack-that'sscary!

I wouldn't be that concerned about the piece of parsley that's stuckinside. The most it'll do is start tarter then decay, justlike what happens when/if you don't floss. I'd definitely tryto get to a dentist and soon. You will lose your teeth if youdon't get these problems resolved. Believe me, I've beenthrough the ringer when it comes to dental work, so has my brother,thanks to heredity:).

Edited to add: I thought I remembered seeing an Epilepsythread, and I went and looked and it was you. I'm gonna go read thatthread now.

Your insurane was cancelled when you turned 19?
They can do that?

I don't know about Virginia at all, but here in Massachusetts, we havea free insurance that you can apply for. Maybe (if you have one- I'mnot at all familiar with things in other states) you can go to yourlocal social security office and see what they have?

Have you tried applying for Medicaid?I do not know what your income level is but you could at least checkout that resource.Check in the phone book for theSocial Services Department in your area and give them acall. Look under county governmentagencies. If you qualify for Medicaid, then you would need tolook for a dentist who accepts Medicaid.

Another resource would be a free clinic in your area. Onceagain these resources are usually lower income based.

Another resource would be to find out who the president of your localDental Society is. You could call that dentist,explain your situationand ask if any of the dentists in thedental society work with patients with specialneeds that haveno dental insurance.

Do try to look into these things. Your teeth affect youroverall health. Also you do not want to be in pain sometimedown the road. A lot of people wait until they have pain tocheck into things and then it becomes a panic emergency typething. Problems from teeth can be very painful as well asdangerous. I hope some of this information helpsyou. Beckie

ChandieLee wrote:
Your insurane was cancelled when you turned 19?
They can do that?

Unless kids are enrolled as full time students, they lose theirparent's medical insurance when they turn 19, and would have to pay tostay covered.

Pam

Bun~Bun - have you tried a water-pic?

Thanx for the advice!! Plus, I might sighn upfor disability from social services(I truely deserve it.). Personaly Idon't like them people. I am anti-communist and I'm strongly againstcommunism. Plus, it like takes a month for approval/dis-approval. I wasdenied last time. They said I was fine to work. Croc of bull.

BTW, what's a "water pick?"

Back