Any one know alot on Epilepsy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
I'm an epileptic. I developed epilepsy when I was 15(I'm 20, BTW.).
Well, along with my Gran Mal Siezures, I also have very common SimplePartials, also known as "Skipped Time." Simple Partials are usually a1-5 second moment of pausing of your body's movent. You're stillconcious, but a little "impared." You get a "high" sensation and differon individuals, can make noises durring so. Like, mumbling, stuttering,moaning, and other little vocals.

In my early stages of epilepsy, my SPs where no more than just a 2second paused moment and a high feeling. About 3 years after so, Istarted making choking sounds and occassional vomiting after wards.They would last much longer - almost 10 seconds max. Afterwards, myheart beat increases and my hands became sweaty.
I then started taking a drug called Keppra - which is bull shizzle. Allit does is move the time when I have my SPs to a differant time.
Time whent by and nothing happend. My SPs, actually became worse.Giving me headaches and other annoying problems. My meds where onceagain increased - but simply moved them to another time.
Recently, my simple partials have become even WORSER, inwhich the highfeeling is heavier and feels like a heavey head rush. It makes me whantto vomit. I've been making noises that sound like I'm about to cough upa hair ball!! You know, the noises a cat makes before it coughs up ahair ball. And the SPs will occure one time after another -making it hard for me to catch my breath. It's very dangerous. I feelthat I'm going to sufforcate to death if this problem isn't tooken careof. I've allready almost fainted once.
My doctor continues to increase my Keppra. But I really don't whant to argue whith some one much smarter than me.
My epilepsy is inherited. My mum's side has several past family memberswhith epilepsy - though I seem to be the only one suffering SimplePartials. I've never suffered brain injury.
Could this be a possible Tumor? I mean, all of us think no, but the SPsare so overwhelmingly driving me nutts. I'm so confuzzled - I think itcould be a Pig Worm!!

Unfourtuantly, the stupid Epilepsy forum won't give me my passwordrecovery. And all of the other Epilepsy forums I've found are notactive.
If any one knows whats up, please do tell. If any of ya'll know of an active Epilepsy forum - please give me the link!!

Thank a bunches!!

I know epilepsy is a neurological disorder.

I did a little research though.
I got this from Wikipedia:
"Epilepsy (sometimes referred to as a seizure disorder)is a commonchronicneurologicalcondition that is characterized by recurrent unprovokedepilepticseizures.[1][/sup][2][/sup]These seizures are transient signs and/or symptoms due to abnormal,excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in thebrain.[3][/sup]It affects approximately 50 million peopleworldwide.[4][/sup]Epilepsy is usually controlled, but not cured, with medication,although surgery may beconsidered in difficult cases. Not all epilepsy syndromes are lifelong– some forms are confined to particular stages of childhood."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy

Here's the link. There's alot more information there.

My sister has Epilepsy... something she developed a few years ago,however, her's is due to the fact that she was born with a (for lack ofbetter description) brain dysfunction. I would consider asking yourdoctor about having a CT Scan or maybe even an MRI.
That way they can take a look at your head, brainwaves, etc.
Epilepsy can even be brought on by an overload of stress.

my niece was diadnosed with epilepsy hen she was2...she nearly died from a gran mal seizure.. . they had to do cpr tobring her back.... she is 10 1/2 years old now and hasn't had a seizurein a couple of years.... her uncle on her dad side has epilepsy for allhes married life ... at least 25 years... i think its stress from beingmarried to my cousin and her family... lol... you would have to knowthat side of our family...

----becky

My son has had epilepsy all his life. He wasdiagnosed as having atyipcal grand and petite mals. He also neveroutgrew the febrile seizures. For me the grand mals were the worst butfor him it was the petite. He would mumble and blink rapidly. He toohad them in clusters. For a real long time he couldn't do what the kidscould. Something as simple as riding his bike in his grandma's yardended up with a trip to the er. He had a petite and hit a barb wirefence. He was failing in school. We were at our wits end.

The doc kept upping his meds also. I finally sat the doc down and saidlook this isn't working we need to try something else. 4 meds later andcountless increases,he was put on a dangerouslyhighdose of Depakote. There were some health risksand side effectissues with such a high dose but it was theonly thing that worked. He's been seizure for almost a year, knock onwood. It was alot of trial and error.

I would strongly suggest talking to your doctor. Explain how you feeland see if perhaps another med can be added or try a new one. My heartand prayers go out to you.

Tina

My stepdad is epeleptic, he got shot in the backof the head in Vietnam. He was only 18. He is probably around 60 now.He has tried pretty much every pill for seizures out there. He actuallyfound one that completely got rid of the seizures, but they causedinsomnia. :caffeineHe went almost 4 weeks without sleep, he quitdrinking coffee, and then he went to his doctor telling them hecouldn't sleep, and they had to take him off of thepills.Nowadays, he can go as long as a year without one, butif he gets excited he'll seize.:hyper: I know the first time I saw it,I was freaked out. But I lived with him and my mom for almost 2 yearsand by the end of it, it was no big thing.:whatevah He has a pattern,he pitches back, full force, then he pushes himself up with his rightarm, then he pitches back again, then he sits up and grabs a book andopens to a random page and starts reading. He smokes like a chimney andso after he was finished seizuring, I would look for a cigarette, makessure he didn't spill his coffee, see if he was on the phone (the poorfolks on the other end have no idea what is going on) and check that hedidn't break anything, including his head. Then I would call my mom andtell her that he had a seizure, since she handles his meds. He had oneat Denny's, where he likes to hang out, and I had to stop them fromcalling an ambulance. I have never seen him really get hurt, but he isusually out by himself when that happens. Probably because me and mymom notice if he is going to fall and move things out of his way. Wealso grab is arm, so he won't hit his head full force.

My cousin had seizures that sound like what is going on with you,bunbun. She would just drift off for a few seconds. She outgrew itthough. :dunno

I'll talk to my mom and see if she has any ideas, she is my stepdad'snurse, pretty much. So she has learned alot about epelepsy.:thumbup

~Star~

My full blown seizures are very dangerous. Whathappens is that I fall down like a sack of sand. Like I passed out orsome thing. No shaking or any movements, but alot of drooling. Sometimes these seizures lead to heart spasms and temporay paralizis.Falling down like that is dangerous - I've broken teeth, I've broken mynose, bruised my self badly, and even popped my jaw out of socket dueto this. Also, whith any seizure - you can pop blood vessles -especially in the eyes. But the "after math" is alsodangorous. After my seizure, I would have a "blindrun" in which you move or run whith no controll of your body whith outany visual contact. I've ran into alot things and almost snapped myneck after running into the T.V.. I would cry for no reason -then get all loveble and give people hugs, thanking them for "saving"me. This was some thing my relatives whith epilepsy wouldexperiance. These after math episodes can last allmost 15minuets. Luckly, about last year, the un-controllable movents stopped,and the only thing I experiance is crying and mixed up emotions.

People have been severly brain damaged and have even died in seizures!!
There must be a safe cure for us epilepticans out there - and hopefully there will be a cure founded!!
3 things that need to be cured these days, is rabies, epilepsy, andcomas. There's alot of stuff that can work. It almost feels likenerology professors are quite lazy and should get off their arse and dosome thing!!

I don't know much. I should my uncle is now in ahome because he was beaten so badly it left him with the mind of achild and seizures.

My cousin had them do to a brain tumor.

My step sister has them.

Man I should read about them.

Bunbuns, my heart truly goes out to you. I knowI don't have them but being a mom I know how it tears my heart to seemy son or anyone have to go through this. Treatment is very hit andmiss, which very sad. They can clone a sheep but not cure epilepsy orany of the other serious diseases, makes one wonder where thepriorities lay.

Latest posts

Back