Any Ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatsMeowTree

Reaction score
Alright I've been thinking on this one for awhile but haven't come up with the "perfect" solution. We arerelocating our rabbit pens from the garage to a shed down back wherethey can all fit. Thing is, they need to be stacked two high and backto back. I was wondering what sort of system I can put under the cagesto get the waste out. I used to use the "gutter system", I'll see if Ican attach a picture of what it used to be like. I have 6" pipes thatwe've cut in half originally for this but I need a type of surface toget the waste gathered into the pipes under the pens so it can run outof the building. I've used the corrogated roofing before and it workedalright but we had to use several pieces, which made it sort of a pain.

I need something that's inexpensive but easy to clean. I'll see if I can get a picture to work....

Kat

Kat , I cant tell fromthe picture , Does the botom boards slantto the back and run into a trouth? Can you explain how it is set upnow so My Hubby can figure something outfor you .

The way he explained it to me on how heis going to do mine , is with2/3 inch ply wood with a slant headingdown to the back , Polyurithained andthen waxed ( like you would Ski's) to insure that all wasteslides backwards into a 3 inch waste pipe ,( cut in half) He also mentioned he is going to usesilica spray and Ski wax to the Pipe aswell as adding a water supply atthe head of the system to makefor quick removal of waste matter . Hopethis helps , :D

Gypsy,

On top, slabs of corrogated roofing run into a stretch of gutter thatis angled toward one end so the waste runs into a wheelbarrow at theend. On the bottom I used two large trays.

Latest posts

Back