Any idea what my bun is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweltering

Reaction score
Hi.
I know he is a cross breed, and was told he is a netherland dwarf x angora, which from researching both I don't believe he is either.
He is now between 4-5 months old, and is 4ish kg. :)
I'm not worried about what he is because he's still adorable to me but just curious.

image.jpg

Hmm ... he seems a very thorough mix. He may have a bit of dwarf or even some lop in him - but It certainly doesn't look as if he has any angora. Not that I'm an expert.

He has beautiful harlequin colours - you must be a proud bunny mum :)

From the one photo posted, I would guess he's a Harlequin (the breed, and the color). He has a clean split on his face, which is more characteristic of the breed itself than the harlequin color presenting in other breeds.

But, as said before, more pictures would help to be sure.

I;ve seen pics of buns like him before...Not the color but i saw a pic that looked like him that was a mini rex/dwarf cross....Not an expert but just an observation....Extemely cute he is though :)

It's a cutie! But it does look like a Harlequin. Here is the write up from the internet:

The Harlequin is a colourful breed of rabbit originating from France. It is a breed based around the coloration and markings, rather than fur and body type. The ideal weight of a standard Harlequin is 6.5-8 lb. Wikipedia

Anyway good luck with your new baby! It's a cutie!

Vanessa

rabbit_harlequin.jpg

Harlequin was the first thing I thought of too. I just love them!!!

Thanks everyone :) if he stayed still for long enough I would have posted a better pic. He is always busy chewing cords or wrestling with my cat haha

Latest posts

Back