Any Idea in Avoiding the Red-Eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieNCream

Reaction score
My babies don't have naturally red eyes....I know that there are breeds that do have red eyes, but I mean when taking pictures.

Flash or no flash, when there's a bit of artificial(?) lighting mybunnies' eyes look red. It's so annoying because they look so muchcuter with their little brown eyes and with red eyes they look a bitscary :shock:

Not completely off topic...but any ideas?

p.s.: in the same lighting under same conditions my brothers' eyes (also brown) don't look red.

My camera has a "no red-eye" function, but Iusually forget about it. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or anyimage editing programme have great tools which allow you to do this,you'd never know the difference.

Although, I do have a Ruby-Eyed white and I think she's adorable:bunnyheart

I just edit the red eye out as best as Ican. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix cat eyesthough. My camera has a "no red eye" function, but it makesthe camera a lot slower and I end up missing all those fabulous actionshots I love. So I don't use it.

I always edit the red eyes out using photoshop.For brown eyed bunnies I use a brown that is so dark that it's almostblack, and fill in the etire eyeball that colour. I then get a bluethat is so dark it's almost black, and create a fake pupil. This givesthe right sort of colour effect. Then, because it's pretty obviosu whena flash has been used, I put a small white "reflection" spot on the eye.

My boy's have brown eyes and I never get red eyes in pictures. I take the pictures inside, in my bedroom though.

- Amy

The red eye function is intended to flash lightsto shrink the pupils so the light does not reflect of a dialated pupilwhich makes it look red. I don't know how well it works withbunnies. I find that if I take pictures in natural sunlight,without the flash, there is no red eye.

I just don't use a flash on mycameraand try to make sure I always take pictures when it iswell lit, which works a little better for me as my girlsarenearly alwaysoutside.:DIt's alwayssuch a pain trying to get good pictures of them when they come in thehouse though, I don't know how you all do it!:?

The software that came with my camera (ArcSoftPhotoImpression) has a feature that allows me to edit the red-eye outeither automatically or manually.

The pic of Benji in my avatar started out with his eyes GLOWING.

minilops wrote:
I always edit the red eyes out using photoshop. For browneyed bunnies I use a brown that is so dark that it's almost black, andfill in the etire eyeball that colour. I then get a blue that is sodark it's almost black, and create a fake pupil. This gives the rightsort of colour effect. Then, because it's pretty obviosu when a flashhas been used, I put a small white "reflection" spot on the eye.

I worship you 0-0;;; I can never do a good job when editing real people/animal pics, but yours look so awesome!!!!

I never have to edit my pictures,because my flash sits high above mycamera. I use a flash diffuser/reflector thatI made, to soften the light and reducethe harsh shadows. MBB has seen my camera setup.

61307.jpg

The rabbits eyes is naturally red.

61315.jpg

No red here.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back