Any cat owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
My cat Tori went for her check up last week and my vet noticed her belly was bald and immediately said crystals. I got a urine sample finally from her using the NoAborsb litter and it showed crystals and they put her on Science Diet S/D wet for 3 weeks and then another urine test to show which food is causing this. She's been eating Fancy Feast wet food only half a can a day with Wellness Health Maintenance. I can't believe she's eating the SD but that should get rid of the crystals if it's the Fancy Feast since she's not getting that right now only the SD and Wellness.

My question is if it is the Wellness they want to put her on Science Diet C/D Maintenance for the rest of her life, she's 10 yrs old. It's really expensive and I hear most cats won't eat it. Does anyone have any experience with switching to a better dry food if Wellness is the cause. I found online they suggested Innova EVO or Royal Canin.

She's had her dry food changed a few times and never minded it but to get her to stop eating the Fancy Feast is tough she's addicted to it. But hopefully in a few weeks we will see which food is doing this. Thanks for your help.

Science Diet is CRAP....I don't care if it is prescription. I don't know why vets do that *rolls eyes*. You should try her with raw food, I am working on my kitties with raw right now.

Cats need wet food, not dry food. Wet food has moisture, which is what cats need. I currently feed a tiny bit of dry food because my cats like to snack on it a bit during the day....but their main diet is wet food, with some raw. I am slowly doing raw because it grosses me out....but I know it is healthier!

Innova makes a canned wet, if you are wanting to feed Innova. You can also feed the dry formula.

I like to switch up my wet foods because it doesn't upset tummies, like dry does. I will randomly feed Authority, Wellness, Innova, Halo, Blue Spa, etc. Like, you can feed one brand in the morning and another brand at night.

I really have no idea about cats & crystals....but I just wanted to put my food input in! I think trying out raw might be your best bet! You can do a combo of raw & wet, plus some dry to snack on.

Thanks Amy. I don't plan on staying on the Science Diet after the 3 wks of S/D. I did see the Raw Diet I'll have to look into it more. She's hates the S/D so I can't wait until this is over with.

Back