Any advice/tips you can give me before I adopt my first 2 rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pet_lover48

Reaction score
Hi! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be adopting 2 rabbits. They are a male and female (both spayed/neutered) and almost 3yrs old. They are larger rabbits - English Spot and hot Tot mixed breed rabbit.I'vebeentoldthatthey are 100% litter trained and very friendly/tame and that they get along well with each other.

I have done a lot of research on proper rabbit care and am awareof the time/responsibility that they require and that they need large indoor set-ups. I would be keeping them in a Large dog kennel (with 2 extra levels and lots of space, that would be attached to a large exercise pen, so they'd have lots of room. When I was home, I'd be happy to let them havefree run of the living room/dining room area, as long as they would fully use their litter box. They would also have a large outdoor hutch (2 level andlargecovered secure pen attached) that they could use on nice days outside.

I've never had rabbits before, but I've had lots of other pets and currently have 5 finches, 1 gerbil, 2 senior cats (approx. 10yrs, 16yrs old) and our family has one older dog.

So, I'm looking for any extra tips/advice/things I should know that all you rabbit owners have learned and have "wisdom" about. :)

All answers greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pet_lover48

[align=center]Are the two bonded? Because "getting along well with each other" could be just getting along OR bonded. My rabbits get along but aren't bonded. (I'm just curious.) Do they live together? =)

I would suggest if you let them roam around, supply them with maybe two litterboxes... hmm... and make sure they know where they are! :biggrin: (Maybe take some of their pee and poop out of their in-cage/pen litterbox and put it in the free-roam ones.)

The pen outside- does it have a top? I would recommend that, unless you will be supervising them while they are out there =) JUST in case! They could also dig out if you're not careful.. =P

I'd be happy to help with any question to the best of my ability and with my own experiences if you would like =)

Latest posts

Back