Another spaying question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
Okay, so some of you may know about the night Nut was acting a little...odd, sniffing me and licking my arm, almost infatuated. :p So the other night, she started'getting busy' withmy arm, and I was laying down with my arms up in front of me, and she was running around them in circles (first time), like I've heard they might your legs. Now, she's kind of odd because she'll still bite me, but I was wondering if this is a sign?

Is she ready? She turned 5 months old today, she is a Netherland Dwarf (doesn'tlook like one though) mix,weighs about 3 lbs, and has never been to the vet's office. I have a very nice one in mind though, and I know questions, etc., I should be asking. I heard about between 5-6 months, but I just wanted to make sure. I would be horrified if anything happened to her. She is still on unlimited feed if that means anything...

Thanks guys!

We do our spays as close to six months as possible. Most vets will not perform a spay before that age either. Being a new client, I can pretty much assure you that the vet will perform a PE prior to the surgery to make sure everything is OK.

Randy

Most of my fosters got spayed at the age of 4-6 months depending on size and maturity.

Your girl should be fine. I would talk to the vet you have in mind and see what they are comfortable with.

Otherwise, you may just have to put up with her love infatuation for another month...

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back