Another Poop Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Do the six fecals at the top of this photo appear normal in color? They look almost black (in parts) to me;my vet explained that blood in the stools would appear black and tarry. (I don't know that they're actually tarry, though; a few of them just seem to have extra hair inside.)

IMG_5138.jpg

Thank you,

Jenk

angieluv wrote:
I meant fecals
Sure you did. ;) I knew that you meant to type fecals. It was a slip of the fingers.

Thank you (yet again), Maureen. I won't overly concern myself with poops (from here on out) unless they're practically nonexistent or day-glow green. ;)

I realize that my sanity has slipped a bit with regards to my rabbits' health issues (both real and imagined). I'm currently job searching, so that I can not only help earn more money (for vet bills and beyond), but also so that I can actually "escape" from the animals for a good portion of the day. That may sound bad, but what I mean is that it'll actually be better for my peace of mind (and my bunnies likely won't end up at the vet's office nearly so often). ;)

Definitely some truth in this. I'm out of work right now and home too, and I do worry about the rabbits more than when I've got a job. For the obvious medical bill reason you said, but also because I don't have as much to occupy my mind. Too much time on my hands and I tend to hover over them, sometimes get myself worked up, paranoid and clingy. :?

Jenk wrote:
I can actually "escape" from the animals for a good portion of the day. That may sound bad, but what I mean is that it'll actually be better for my peace of mind (and my bunnies likely won't end up at the vet's office nearly so often). ;)

EmilytheStrange wrote:
I'm out of work right now and home too, and I do worry about the rabbits more than when I've got a job. For the obvious medical bill reason you said, but also because I don't have as much to occupy my mind. Too much time on my hands and I tend to hover over them, sometimes get myself worked up, paranoid and clingy. :?
Your final statement spoke my exact thoughts. I've freaked out too many times, and for too long...It's amazing that I've not yet developed gray hair. :?

I'm still upset that I've spent so much time at the vet's office in the past seven months; I'll never get back the gobs of moolah that I've spent. (Avery wise RO member informed me that I need to just "let go" of the money already spent [i.e., stop worrying over it and look to the present moment]. Quite right.)

Latest posts

Back