Another Litter Box Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnysmom

Reaction score
We moved Bunny into her new home last night. So far she likes it.

I picked up some of her poop and some newspaper that she had tee teed on and put it in her litter box. Put the litter box in the corner of her new hutch.

Last night she pooped all over the place when she first went in there. When I got up this morning I noticed that she had pooped a bit in the litter box...then a little while ago I noticed that she had pooped a bit more in it.

So, is this normal? She initially pooped all over the place because she wasn't aware of the litter box?

I am going to clean all of it up today and see what the results are after that. It is really hard to take count of rabbits poops to see if she is still doing it every where!

She most likely pooped all over the place to mark it as her territory.

Just keep putting the poops in the litter box, and she should get the idea.

Once she is spayed she should really improve, as most of her hormones will be gone.

--Dawn

Good to know, thanks!

You should have seen the look on my husbands face when he asked me if*I* put the poops and tee tee in the box. LOL!
:roflmao:

Sounds like she is getting a hang of the litter box, but yes, it is normal for her to go elsewhere too, especially when getting used to it.

Also, because they eat the softer poo, they tend to do those elsewhere too because they don't see them as poo poo if you know what I mean, lol.

she might choose her own place for her toilet, in which case try moving the litter tray there.

Good luck, it sounds like you are on the right track :)

Latest posts

Back