Another Breed/Color Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
I got this girl yesterday and made the assumption that she was a Jersey Wooly, but then Peg mentioned that she might actually be a teddy Lionhead. So can anyone tell which she is? She weighs in at just a hair under 4 lbs (1.8 kg).

And I am having a hard time with her color, I can't tell if she is a chestnut or a tort! Based on her ear color, I think she's a chestnut.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0086-1.jpg

IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0080-1.jpg

Thanks!

Wow. She looks a lot like my Lily. Her cute little face! I'm going to guess teddy style Lionhead just like Lily.

edited to add: Then again she doesn't have a very big mane. Jeez I don't know anymore.

t.

The pictures are decieving, her body hairs are LONG, like 2-3" long. And her fur length is actually very consistant throughout her whole coat, it just looks decieving.

But I've never seen a teddy Lionhead (I've only see the ones with a very distinct mane) so that's why I never thought she was a Lionhead but now that I see Lily, I think she may very well be.

To me - this photo seems to show a fairly nice (but not distinct) mane - which is pretty common for teddy lionheads. I'm guessing the mane is about 3" maybe?

I don't know how to edit pictures and draw lines around the portion to point it out...

I'm guessing she's broken tort teddy style lionhead.

Dying to hear what Pam and others chip in with..

Peg

MyBabyBunnies wrote:

naturestee, she definitely doesn't look like the rabbits in those photos but yesterday I found a Jersey Wooly that was a replica of her. But the more and more I think about it, I think she's a lionhead. It doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious, lol.

Can I have her? Please?

She looks to be a lionhead mix. She could have some jersey wooly in her but she does not look to be a jersey wooly purebred. Her color could be broken chestnut but I am not sure as the color over her back looks too orange. Maybe broken Fawn?

Jersey Wooly heads are not all wooled. They have short fur on their heads except on their cheeks and their forehead (wool cap). Their nose and whisker bed are short furred.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Her color could be broken chestnut but I am not sure as the color over her back looks too orange. Maybe broken Fawn?
Her ears are a really good indicator of her color and I can guarentee she is either tort or chestnut, she's definitely not fawn. I'll get a better picture of her ears tomorrow but this is what I could crop from a few pictures:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

i vote broken chestnut teddy lionhead!

The eyes are a good indicator that she's a chestnut (light agouti eye circles). I'd agree with everyone that she's a Teddy Lion - not a Jersey Wooly.

I had the honor of judging one of Brian Hartzell's Jersey Woolies last week. It was the most fantastic specimen of a JW that I've ever seen. It had a coat to die for and fantastic type. I chose it for BOB and B4. I heard that it went on to win BIS that day.

Pam

Yeah,I definitely see the teddy lionhead now. I just always thought a teddy still had a very distinct mane, I thought it just referred to an extra fluffy mane and skirt. I didn't realise a lionhead could be so fuzzy, but now I know differently!

At least I was half right... she is a chestnut. :D

Latest posts

Back