Angry rabbit leads to carpet digging?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serious

Reaction score
Is it normal for rabbits to suddenly start doing bad habits they never have before when they're angry? Just a few minutes ago, after I was trying to fit a harness on him,he started digging at the carpet as soon as I let him go- he's never done that before! Is this like a temper tantrum or something? I put him back in his cage to prevent anymore digging... hopefully he won't keep wanting to when I let him back out?

Yes, that sounds like anger, or frustration.

Was the harness on at the point he was digging or had you given up?

You may need to do a bit of bunny sucking up now with a treat or something, to get back in his good books.

Maybe he's an artist

Found this behind a piece of furniture when we moved. Looks sort of like a bunny right? Well with detached ears...

PICT0085-1.jpg

Haha, it does look sort of like a rabbit! Abstract, maybe? Thankfully, though, he hasn't done it since his one initial temper tantrum.

Some bunnies just like to destroy things, they think it's great fun :p

I have a few who love to dig and chew so I try and make sure they have things to play with that I don't mind being destroyed.

You can try: Stuffing an empty box (I use empty canned pop boxes) with hay

clean, empty toliet paper or paper towel rolls

old phone books are great fun to tear up

empty quaker oat containers with the bottom poked out

I also buylarge wooden toys (made for birds) that some of my rabbits like to play with

Also, I find that my bunnies who like to dig are more hyper and need more time out of their cages

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back