Angry or Playing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
Buttercup lives outside in her own hutch next tomy other two buns who have individual hutches as well. Theyall must be separated since they try to fight all the time.Lately, Buttercup has been turning her house that isinside her hutch around - so it's backwards. It seems sostrange. I don't know if she is angry or justplaying. I never she her do it, I'm always at work.

When she turns the house around, it is hard for her to go insidebecause the opening is facing the back wall of her hutch.

Also, I love her so much but she never gives me any lovinback! We just started to bond a little however.When I let her run around the fenced in pen, I sit on the dirt andrepeat about 20 times.... "Where's mommy's good little girl, where's mypretty baby" and so on. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but shedoes come to me and let's me pet her, but she's still verylearly. I've had her since she was three months.She's a little over a year. I can't figure her out.I want to just hug her.....but she hates to be held....and I getscratched. Anyway, if anyone has had a similar experience oradvice or just comments I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you.

I had a "house" or a hut in my buns cage hestarted to turn it over i think he was showing me he was tough orsomething lol...i finally just took it out..he seems much happier inthere now he can s t r e t c h out! As far as holding him he wont letme hold him in the am or pm i think thats the time he loves to runaround and dont want to be bothered. But he will nudge my hand to pethim and he runs between my feet that almost causes me to trip!

foofoosmom1 wrote:
Lately, Buttercup has been turningher house that is inside her hutch around - so it'sbackwards.

She is arranging herliving quartersin order toattain

the perfect feng shui atmosphere :cool:

Pam

Ahhhhh then you must have a very very intelligentrabbit on your paws if she is attempting feng shui! Let me know, and Ican send her some books on it *grin grin* Seriously though, I havefound with Jezebel that as she got a little older, she asserted herindependence by re-arranging her home, even if it meant inconvenientlyplacing items that would harbor her lounging activities. She was justshowing me that that is where SHE wants it, I swear she would movethings after I left the house and then secretly put them back upon myarrival home!

Cher

Ahh yes,

like all woman the female of the species take GREAT pleasure inre-arranging the furniture! [And I ment that in a GOOD-WAY!] Hee Hee.

[Of course in most cases we [the males of the species areawakened to do any heavy moving. Irreguardless of the time of day ornight!]

Dennis,C.V.R. [Chuckle!]

Hi Foofoosmom1,

I had that experience with Tucker when I first got him. I'dsay for the first year and a half, he wanted nothing to do withme. I kept up doing what you're doing, didn't force him on meby picking him up, sometimes I'd even walk by him (which killed me),talked to him all the time, and one day, boom: the kisses started andhe started following me and watching every move I make. He'sbeen like that ever since, well...that is until I have had other bunsvisit. His nose is a little bent out of shape with thecompany, but I know he'll get back to his old self. I canonly offer to you to be patient and keep doing what you'redoing.

As to the rearranging of his furniture, I think it's both anger andplay. Sometimes when he's angry, he'll throw thing around,and when he plays, he'll toss things. Hard to tell unless yousee him doing it. He may be doing it, also, to make noise toget your attention to come out and let him out of his cage.

They sure keep us guessing, don't they?!

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

It's funny because she is a little devil and I think she knows I wantkisses and she is just making me suffer! But I still love herand I'll patiently wait.

foofoosmom1 wrote:
I think she knows I want kisses and she is just making mesuffer! But I still love her and I'll patiently wait.

They play us well, don't they??!

Little Stinkers!!

-Carolyn

Back