Angoras for adoption

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
I have 1 male and 3 female angoras that will soon be going up for adoption. There is also a white female that gave birth to 5 kits in the afternoon of the 7th. Mom & babies are doing just fine. They arrived here at 11:15pm, Saturday night (6/5). They had been traveling for a full day, starting with being flown out of Canada in the wee hours of that day. When I got home with them, I just left them all in the car (with the windows open) so that they could just relax for the night. These rabbits were rescued from a hoarder, in Canada on May 8th (150 of them) and then, horror of horrors, were placed in a rescue that had no idea what to do with them! So, they were all placed in a room, all together....guess what happened!! Anyway these babies were not vetted, etc.. Litters were born and the kits died. The situation was awful. On the 15th of May the first group were flow into the US and dispursed to Rescues. The six that I received were among the 43 flown in the 2nd group. On June 8th, all 6 rabbits were spayed/neutered...including the doe that gave birth. One little girl did not make it through surgery. She had one dead kit wedged in her birth canal from a previous litter and was pregnant with another litter. Three does had Pyometra. All had "unhealthy" uterus's. To top things off, they have fur mites and coccidia. So....enough said about that!! They will be available for adoption as soon as they have "a clean bill of health"....anyone interested?

http://www.whitescarver.com/gallery/Angoras-click-on-picture-to-enlarge

Oh, Those poor babies :(

Thank goodness they are now getting the care they deserve and need. I hope they get better quick and find their forever homes soon. They are beautiful :hearts

hey, this is mandy from the CottonTail Rabbit rescue. Love the pictures of your angoras. I have a few of the angora's that I took floating around this forum. How are your babies doing they must be getting soo big. Mine are getting huge. I am really likeing the angora breed, they are so gentle.

We all got our rabbits on the 5th. One of the females I took (6 in all) gave birth to 5 healthy "little ones", on the 7th. All 6 went in for spays/neuter on the 8th. One of the other 4 girls did not make it through the surgery. There was a dead kit wedged in her birth canal from a previous pregnancy and a litter of dead kits in her womb. All 5 of the girls were nesting when they came. The other 3 girls, that were nesting, were not pregnant...even though they felt as though they were. All had Pyometra which is why they thought that they were pregnant. Tomorrow I go to the vet to take care of the abscess's that I found on two of the girls. I told everyone that took in these rabbits about the Pyometra......I honestly doubt if anyone heeded my warning. Mine tested negative for coccidia and, so far, there is no evidence of it in their stool or litter boxes. All have been given a dose of Revolution for mites. All are eating as though they never saw food before...they were starved and so skinny. They are all beginning to put on a little weight and starting to look like rabbits instead of wet rats!! No offense meant to the rat people in the group.

Latest posts

Back