Angora Rabbit Yarn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyBunny

Reaction score
I am a knitter, and I want to do a piece out of angora rabbit fur yarn. Does anyone know of a good place to get it at a reasonable price? Purely because of the work involved, it tends to be a fairly spendy fiber. If possible, I'd also like to know the rabbits are treated fairly. Thanks!

How the rabbits are treated depends on the individual managing the herd. The fiber is expensive due to the labor and cost involved in producing the fiber. I don't know of many people that would market the fiber at a loss.

How the rabbits are treated depends on the individual managing the herd. The fiber is expensive due to the labor and cost involved in producing the fiber. I don't know of many people that would market the fiber at a loss.

I know. I'm not looking for them to do that. I'm just looking for the best price. I know of a few places that raise their own rabbits which are more pets, and they spin the yarn and sell it. They don't make very much yarn and sell it immediately. It also is wildly expensive :D

My bestie has two spinning wheels and spins :) She does not have time currently :(

Are you looking for the raw fibre or stuff that is already spun? The raw fibre could be harder to come by unless you go direct to someone who has the rabbits. Spun yarn can be bought from people who do spinning.
I would suggest looking for someone who breeds angora rabbits. They would be your best bet to either get the wool or find some more finished products. If you do go to a breeder, you might be able to see the rabbits in person, but that does depend on the breeder.
Keep in mind that angora wool is about 8 times warmer than sheep wool, so you don't want to use just angora for clothing, most is mixed with sheep or goat wool.

I was going to say if you go to that show and see any angora breeders ask them if they know someone who has yarn available?

Looking for spun yarn not fiber. I will if I go to a show :D Thanks for all the responses. I found an alpaca farm not far that has some nice yarn too, and I can plainly see their animals lead enjoyable, well-cared for lives :)

Back