Angora rabbit Angora rabbit questions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are a couple of threads about this from not long ago.

i've read that you just "blow out" the rabbit using a hair dryer to get rid of the dander

Depends on the breed of angors for me. I have had English and love a blower alone for them, with satin angoras I like a comb with few teeth that are big, someone I know calls them afro combs but I think that is racist or something, someone else called them picks? and the blower. For a French angora a good brushing keeps them nice, blowing every few months to keep dandruff from building up. The other two seem to need it more due to how thin and easily matted their wool is. FAs wool is not so easy to matt. This is my experience and not to be taken as law or anything lol.

For my Angoras, I have french, english, and f/e hybrids, I use a combination of a blower and a dog comb that has widely spaced rotating teeth. I find it works really well. The blower fluffs and the comb gets out the vm.

When I'm not showing or for my purely fiber animals I also add a barbers scissors to the mix and I keep the fur on the belly clipped short. It just helps keep the rabbit cleaner since mine use litter boxes and have flat bottom cages. It keeps litter from tangling in their fur. My rabbits all live in my home so I don't have to leave their fur long for warmth.

I have French, don't give them a bath. I don't have a blower but it is best to use them. To get knots and what not out you brush them but you want to make them look as fluffy as possible.

Latest posts

Back