Angora care

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaycejones

Reaction score
Hi all, long time no see. I once was here with an ataxic bun named Tumble. Tumble has since passed. Sleep sweet my dear bun. After Tumble we had Whatsthis, unfortunately Whatsthis died if unknown causes randomly one day. Ugh. So, after over a year bunniless today I adopted an owner surrender (I'm an LVT, we see rabbits some) Her owners were very nice people but unable to care for this bun. She is an angora and we shaved her entire body down in the last few days as she was matted about 4 to 5 inches deep from head to toe. She has bad urine scald and is thin. So, antibiotics, she's going to have to have a bath as her hind end is so matted it's not even able to be shaved and we're going to start with a new bun! Any recommendations on carrying for her? I'm aware of feeding, housing, basic care but with the Angora obviously I'm talking grooming tips, brush recommends, etc Helo me keep this floofen gorgeous and healthy!

Sorry about the passing of your other rabbits. Congratulations on your new addition! I haven't had the pleasure of caring for an angora rabbit, but I know how important coat care is for them. The members on here that have taken care of angoras, from what I remember many of them will keep them shaved down for ease of care. But if you wanted to grow out the coat, at least for angora breeders, I know that many of them use a pet blower to keep the rabbits coat blown out and prevent matting. It seems like an easier way to keep them groomed than attempting regular brushing.

Thank you for your condolences, I as very sad especially over Tumble, he was so darn special. Lil Whatsthis was feral and never did warm up to me. But the new bun is super sweet and needed me so here's to 3rd times the charm and new beginnings ❤ The pet blower is a great idea! I'm hoping to manage her well enough I can spin her hair but we'll see how it goes lol I have a few brushes and will brush what's left regularly and carefully as it grows in and look for a blower.

Latest posts

Back