Anatole update - not feeling well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlin

Reaction score
Update today -
Anatole had some cecotropes in his box this morning, so I was hopeful that he was getting better.
He willingly took pain med, infant gas drops and water from a syringe. I gave him some Critical Care this morning, but had to wrap him up for that. It is very stressful for both of us!

He did not have any X-rays, which I assume is because he would need to be sedated for that and that could be very stressful? I've only had one bunny ever have X-rays and we've had lots of GI stasis here.
sad.gif

I haven't seen him lay down on his tummy at all today, only sitting (not meatloafed.) I've also seen him stretching his head upwards which I thought was because he's annoyed by the medicine and Critical Care mess on his chin that I can't fully clean for him. Now I read that it could be a sign of breathing issues. And now he's scanning his head very slowly from side to side.

We had an appointment at 4:00 today for fluids, but I was distraught to find out that the doctor had gone home so he only saw a vet tech. I have always liked this vet hospital, but I do feel abandoned. Our closest emergency options are 45 minutes (not great) and an hour and 20 minutes away (teaching hospital, but doesn't see exotic pets after 8:00 pm.)

Anatole is receiving fluids, enzymes, pain med, gas drops and Critical Care. Are there further treatment options? Do we just wait and see how he does?

Latest posts

Back