An explaination and aplology

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
ok. some of you may know this and some may not. but it is time to get things out in the open.

In January, my husband left me for the girl who was supposed to be my best friend. The one who came to live with me. I freaked out. Did something I shouldnt have, but wasnt in my right mind at all. Complete total shock doesnt even seem like strong enough words. I took a bottle of pills, (muscle relaxers). Cut my wrist, and set my hair on fire. Obviously not the most intelligent thing to do. I spent a week in ICU, did a lot of damage to my system. My body cant keep up the potassium I need, and my blood sugar drops out of nowhere. I pass out regularly with no warning. In fact I passed out in March, fell, hit my car and dislocated my shoulder. Looking back, I wish that I hadn't done it. It was stupid. Very very stupid. I'm on medication now, seeing a therapist. Mentally stable.

As a result, I had to move in with my parents to keep myself out of the mental hospital. All of my animals had to go. Dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs, rats. ALL of them. It is a veryawful feeling to have a houseful of beloved pets and have to hand them over to other people. With one stupid move of mine, I have ruined so much. My feedom, my sanity, my comfort. Gone.

Fast forward to now. I have been in my own place for a week now. It feels great. Although the landlady doesnt allow pets of any kind. No caged animals. You wouldnt believe how hard it is to find a place to rent that allows animals. Every single ad, has NO PETS on it. The places are dumps, and expensive because of this being a college town. I had to take what I can get. I jumped on the first decent, clean, roomy place I could afford.

I also have a new man in my life. He is super wonderful to me. He made me realize that I wasnt even happy in my marriage. I am truely happy NOW. He is great to the kids, they love him to death. My life is getting better by the day, I just have to stay strong.

But I feel the need to apologize to you guys, my friends, for what I have done. For letting Phillip and Tulla down, and not being here when I am needed.

There are times in our life when we're driven to make bad decisions....and we may feel stupid afterwards or have regrets....

You can't change the past though - all you can do is move forward. We love you anyway - I'm sorry you can't have your bunnies back or have bunnies right now - but perhaps in time things will work out so you can have bunnies.

Whatever happeend - we care and we love you.

Welcome back....and I'm so happy you have a new man in your life...

Edited to add: I originally had the hug emoticon at the top of the message but it won't post...not sure why.

But the message originally started with a big hug emoticon!!!

So good to have you back! I'm sorry to hear that you went through such a terrible time, but I'm glad life is getting even better for you.

Pam

Aww hun, I've been wondering how you are doing! I'm so glad things are better and that you have someone in your life that treats you like they should.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Amanda, I am so sorry. But you having the courage to tell us everything, really is honorable. Alot of people probably couldn't do that. But, you know we're here for you! If you need to talk, pm me, anytime. That had to be one of thee hardest things you will go through in your entire life, I can't imagine how it hurt you. You didn't deserve it. His loss for sure.

Where did the animals go? Phillip?

You try to keep in touch with us. Take care. We love you! You'll continue to be in my thoughts girl.:hug:

Amanda, you know we love you no matter what. Youve been through some really horrific times, and Im sorry we couldnt be there for you.

Sometimes bad things just happen and we do what we can. None of us judge you for your decisions.

I hope the animals are in a great place with someone who can keep you updated on them. I know how much they meant to you and the kids.

*hugs*

Haley

Thank you guys.

The dachshunds went to a special needs dachshund rescue where they won over the heart of thier foster mom. Who adopted them. Lacey my Pom is "vacationing" with a foster mom in my rescue. The cats went to another rescue group because mine doesnt have the ability to deal with cats. The rats went to my neice in North Carolina, the pigs were adopted off Petfinder. Bre'r rabbit was adopted by a wonderful family in TN, she had done all her research and I was very comfortable with that adoption. Phillip and Tulla were adopted by a wonderful family who has owned a rabbit before and spoiled the snot out of it. She died of old age. I went to their house. Tulla and Phillip have a HUGE area to live in. No cage. They had the right food, the proper litter box, hay, toys....everything they needed or wanted. They told me visitation rights came with the adoption.

{{{{hugs}}}}} to you for a complete recovery. I believe things happen for a reason and that things we go through only make us stronger. The most important thing is to get yourself completely healed for yourself and your kids.

No apology needed.... I think you are incredibly brave to tell us all what you went through. {{{HUGS}}} to you, and wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm truely happy that things are looking up for you!

Latest posts

Back