Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Peg :biggrin:!

I know its probably just me thinking Marlin wants a mate....he's not like Morgan was - Morgan pretty much begged for it every day and now he is as happy as ever. I know for a fact Brody doesn't want a mate...he's really a loner bunny (watch him tell Arlene different sometime). I just see Molly (who I thought was going to end up just wanting to be a loner) and Morgan soooo happy and I think Marlin might want that, too. He always got along with the other 3 bunnies....it was them who starting the scuffles with him. Marlin is too cute and ditzy to be bothered by much (only me when I fuss around in his cage)....he's my "dumb blonde bunny", as I sometimes refer to him as :halo.

When you saw Marlin he was really bonded to me - then he grew up and I don't know what happened. You'd probably be sad if you saw how he was with me now-a-days...so distant, that is why I want to try to bond him with somebun. And...since I will only be trying him with fosters, then it will work out either way ;).

Looks like we have found a transporter!!! From the looks of it, I will be getting my new foster bun from Zooh Corner on Friday morning and Jenson will be traveling back with the transporter and will go to his new home on Saturday!

Details haven't really leaked out about Jenson's new home (I haven't had the time to write it all up), but I know he is ready for it - I could keep him longer, but I honestly think he needs to get started off in his new home, since his new home is with a bunny loving couple! Aheeeem...."ZavalaBunnies" (on this forum) is his adopter :biggrin:.

Congrats for finding Jenson a new home!!

I'm sure Radar will find one too. At the shelter I use to volunteer at, the "special" animals usually found homes pretty quickly. Seems like some people have a soft spot for animals with special needs. And even if he doesn't find one quickly, it sounds like he'll be well cared for.

The new foster is adorable!

I know I thought Storm was a loner well low and behold but his behavior changed and so did ours. You know if he needs a mate and I hope this works out.

I think it may be weird that they did not adopt out to a great home but who knows maybe they know something we all don't.

Your new girl is adorable.

I'm no longer upset over Radar....I know hes in good hands with Tracy & Tranq. Trail :p.

I am, however, extremely upset with Molly. She has decided to use her and Morgan's play/hang out corner as a potty....she peed all over the kitchen rug I had down and it soaked through to the carpet...she has also torn up the carpet down to the plastic stuff the carpet fibers attach to. I just noticed that this morning and was soooo fuming mad. She also decided to pull all of her & Morgan's hay out of the hay racks so it gets peed on, then I heard her kicking it all out of the litter box a bit ago. I'm like on fire with how angry I am :grumpy. I can't cage Morgan and since him & her are bonded, then I have to deal with her being naughty. I just hope my MIL was serious about replacing the carpet with wood floors this fall because now she doesn't have a choice because the carpet is soooo ruined.

I think Molly got the point that I was seriously pissed off this morning because she hasn't even moved a toy around in the bun room since this morning. I really feel bad because I am sure I hurt her feelings, but in a way she was hurting my feelings by disrespectfully tearing apart the bun room. I'm going to go in there tomorrow morning and cuddle with her and have a little "make up talk" with her because I really think I scared her or something with all of my furious shop-vaccing and rearranging things in there....I totally lost my "cool".

Anyway....the lady (Chris) who is bringing Ruby to me and taking Jenson back with her to be brought to Steph, is staying the night in Needles (I think thats on the AZ/Cali border?) tonight and then I am meeting her in Ash Fork (about an hour from me) to do the "trade off". I have to leave groom school at about 12:15, go over to Walmart (practically across the street from the shop) to buy some bags to pack up Jenson's food, run home, pack up Jenson and his toys/food/litter box/etc, then head off to meet Chris. I won't have time to clean out the little litter box that he has (using that for Ruby) or clean out his cage, so I will have to do that tomorrow when I get back with Ruby.

Anyway....I should be home and posting pictures by 3pm AZ time tomorrow :biggrin2:.

Oh, and we had a little session with the animal communicator and Jenson is okay with going to his new home....he knew from the beginning that I wasn't going to be his forever home. I know Steph & Edgar are going to spoil the crap out of him....and I just know he is going to love them!

Hrm....I wonder how much I am going to cry tomorrow? I just adore Jenson and I am so very sad that he will not be with me anymore, but I know that in order for me to help more bunnies just like him...he needs to go to a new forever home. Also, the animal communicator told him and he definitely understood :).

Haha....well, luckily its only temporary & you and Edgar will be into your new house soon :biggrin:.

Anyway....I'm just slamming down a bagel w/ cream cheese and chugging my cup of coffee because I have to leave here in just a few minutes to go meet Chris in Ash Fork :). She couldn't sleep well last night, so she was able to head off early & meet me sooner!!

RUBY IS HERE AND JENSON IS ON HIS WAY TO BEING A CALIFORNIA BUNNY :biggrin:.

Miss Ruby is thumping and freaked out...so I need to let her calm down before I take pictures or anything. She's been in the shelter for a year, so the noises are "new" to her.

I will get pictures tomorrow, as Miss Ruby is still pretty freaked out tonight and I don't want to scare her anymore.

She keeps thumping for 5 minutes at a time and with about 10 seconds inbetween thumps. I tried sitting in her pen and quietly talking with her, but I can't sit there all night....she just needs to get used to everything going on in a house. She was at the shelter for a year and was only 5 months old when she was dropped off there, so its quite possible she has never lived a home life (or just doesn't remember it). I think maybe the cats might be freaking her out a bit, too, since they keep walking around the house (like usual) and she can see them....then when she thumps they get curious and wonder what the heck is going on. I just hope she settles in soon. I need to get her spayed (I offered to do that for the rescue), but I think I will wait a few weeks on that.

We are going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow morning :) - I have never been to one and its opening day tomorrow, so I am really excited to get fresh locally grown veggies/fruits for the buns and I.

I'm so glad that Jenson is going to his forever home, and that your going to be able to help even more buns!

Thanks, Mary! Jenson will be in his new home tonight, thats if the transporter hasn't decided to steal him....she has totally fallen in love with him, LOL!

I need to move Miss Ruby into the bunny room....I think the living room is "too much" for her right now with all of the noises, cats, and dog. It kind of stinks because I took out the couch in there so my bunnies could have more running room and now I have to fill that space again! Normally fosters stay in the living room, but I don't think its going to work out for Ruby right now. I'm going to put a little pen around her cage, just so that Miss naughty Molly can't bother her through the NIC panels of her actual cage.

I thought about moving Brody into the living room, since Ryan and I really love having a "living room bunny", but I really don't know how much he'd like being away from the other bunnies. I might try it, though, as he'd be able to come out of his cage a ton more (there is no carpet out there for him to pee on...well, area rugs but who cares about those).....he'd practically be able to be a free range bunny when we are home.

Eh, yeah, I just talked to Ryan while I was typing this and he wants to try moving Brody out there in the living room :biggrin2:. We are going to put Marlin in Brody's cage and Ruby in Marlin's cage....that way Ruby isn't on the ground level where Molly can bother her (Molly can be a snot, so I wouldn't put it past her, LOL.

Brody is now in the living room :). He isn't too sure about it yet, but I think once he realizes he can run all over the house, then he will love it.

4609490011_131f1a4cc0.jpg

4609492117_80c0036055.jpg

Marlin seems happy that he's got a cage on the floor where he can run out of and then fight with Molly & cause Molly to fight with Morgan, which causes me to panic because I think my bunnies aren't bonded anymore :rollseyes. Everything is okay, though :)!!!

He's grooming, lol. He is just soooo not photogenic at all.

4610083410_42ca218cab.jpg

Miss Ruby :innocent...

4610056084_cf2b376e1c.jpg

4609449295_8f43fca7fc.jpg

4610060850_938f30d47a.jpg

4609453763_d6078a6dfd.jpg

4610064534_131d5636bf.jpg

4609457655_76794bfaf4.jpg

4610068576_46dca79476.jpg

4610070254_9b2f404a5f.jpg

Whoa re you trying to bond to who? I would suggest them being close together it will help it did for me at least.

She is so cute same markings as Jessi

Thanks, guys!

Kat....I am going to try to bond Marlin and Ruby, but that will not be for a few months...until Ruby has her spay & any hormones (haven't seen any of those yet with her, thankfully!) go away :). I'm hoping to get her spayed within the next month. I offered to pay for it, since my vet is cheaper then the rescues and I also figured "If I can afford it (even just barely), then I might as well do it because it helps the rescue even more".

Latest posts

Back