AMERICAN IDOL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
First, let me say that I do not like this show. I watch the auditions, and then the last couple of shows sometimes to see who wins.

Last night the auditions weren't as good as usual. There were some great singers, mind you. I think I have 2 picked to really do well! (The girl who trains horses and the girl who's daughter has Rhett syndrome).....

I was disappointed tho. People are just being stupid! The star wars girl was a bit...... coo coo!!! :p

Thoughts?

I also tend to watch the auditions more than the actual show itself. I'll occasionally tune in to see who's doing what, but I've never been gung ho about the show as a whole. And, I agree, last night's auditions were awfully disappointing.

If there is a screening process, as they say there is, how do some of those people make it to even stand before the judges?! It's just about ratings - and I personally feel they exploit people. Don't get me wrong, I understand why, but it's gotten old. How many times can we see and listen to another bad singer making a fool of themselves? And some of the acts were just disturbing.

I'll probably watch some, if not all, of the show again tonight, but that might be it for me. There were some good singers though - it's just a shame they were overshadowed by the kooks.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Thoughts?

Well, there are so many reasons why I shouldn't love this show, and yet I do. I really do :D

I admit, I wasn't really blown away by any one singer in particular. I thought there were some really sweet people who I hope to see more of, but overall, I was kinda underwhelmed.

And word to the wise: if your coworkers are encouraging you to audition, that's usually a sign that you are absolutely awful and they want to see you embarassed on national television. 99.9% of the time, they're just being jerks. That's like the kiss of death whenever someone says that at their audition...

We see it Friday, I'll watch as usual. :)

These shows aren't as good as they were though, X Factor wasn't great this year at all. :(

Won't stop me watching though. :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
First, let me say that I do not like this show. I watch the auditions, and then the last couple of shows sometimes to see who wins.
I'm with you, I watch the auditions for entertainment value...and then check in at the end to see if anyone I liked made it. I missed it last night though..

I still love watching American Idol, despite the fact that I normally hate reality tv. And this year with the writer's strike going on, there's a lot less airing these days that's entertaining. (Bring back Pushing Daisies!! Bring back House!! ;))

I sat through the 2-hr show last night and enjoyed it...even when they showed the hairy 3/4-nekkid guy before and after his waxing...LOL.I supposeone of the reasons I like this show is in seeing so much variety in people, and esp. in seeing the up-and-coming singers - the ones who can really hold a tune - competing. As for the 'non-singers' who show up with gimmicks and in costume...hey, they get through because yes, the ratings rise in seeing them. And I even enjoy watching them...to a certain point.

So yep, guess I'm a tried-n-true AI fan...

I didn't watch the first 4 seasons. I started to only watch the auditions and last year i actually watched the whole **** thing.

I was not planning on watching this season until it was announced that my hometown san diego was an audition city. As of right now, one of my co-workers auditioned and made it to hollywood week. She is not allowed to say if she made it to the top 24. So, i'm very anxious :) And, I want to see if i recognize other fellow San Diegans. :)

Hehe.

I'm a person who suffers from severe embarrassment for other people, so I avoid watching the audition shows. I feel horrible for the people who are just bad singers and are making fools of themselves, but I also remember once when there was a pretty girl with a BEAUTIFUL voice auditioning- Paula Abdul really liked her and wanted to let her go on the show, but Simon said no because he said she was too fat. She was just a little chubby but still pretty and had a great voice... Paula and Simon got into a bit of a tiff over it. That poor girl! She didn't get to go on the show.

It's just over here. Wasn't great tbh.. why do they have to do the stupid stories of people on the farm?! :? I prefer X Factor. :p

Re the Writers Strike.. grr at that, Desperate Housewives is only like, 10 episodes long. They aren't even showing it on Channel 4 now. :grumpy: (I saw it already though.)

Bo B Bunny wrote:

Same, My brother is actually Auditioning for the Canadian Idol. He has an Amazing voice.

do you guys remember William Hung, With the ever so famous "She bang, Shebang, She move, She move."

And

'I Had no professonal training for that"

I actually heard he got his own album, With some pretty ladies. :D

I am ashamed to actually enjoy listening to Paula Abdul's new song, Dance Like There's No Tomorrow.

Top 24 have been selected tonight. Man, I becoming more of a baby every year feeling badly for those who don't make it, I have to keep mykleenex handy:(.

This is gonna get exciting! Not sure who I really like yet, besides-nevermind, the site is being stupid right now so I can't look him up:grumpy:, but he sang Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Not sure who else.

Who else is watching?

Latest posts

Back