American Idol

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
I dunno when this series started in the US, but it's started here tonight, right now, 4 hours of it in one go!!:shock::D

So is anyone else watching it or not? Am I the only one? I love the auditions, so hilarious!:bunnydance:

I watched the past few nights (it was 2 hourseach night for us). Its a guilty pleasure. I dont watch once thecompetition gets serious, I just like watching all these awful peopleat the beginning. I know, thats horrible ;)

jordiwes wrote:
I enjoy watching it, but I don't like the humiliations. Ilove it when a wonderful singer appears. I get goose bumps!

I love the brother and sister.
I agree. I get a kick out of some of the people who are awful, but ihate when they are so mean. Some people they are just so cruel too andits unnecessary.

I love the brother and sister too. The brother was amazing :D

So how far ahead are you guys then? This is thefirst night here, but they're showing two episodes, as far as I canremember they do this until the phone in votes.

It's the Minneapolis or whatever I have no idea how to spell that lol,OMG the girl who did the Lion from the wizard of oz!:shock::roflmao:

Haley, I love this bit too, the American Idol auditions are sodifferent to the X factor ones, everything is all soppy and emotionalon American Idol!:rollseyes

Michaela wrote:
OMG the girl who did the Lion from the wizard of oz!:shock::roflmao:
yeah I think we're only like a few days ahead. That girl was awesome.Some of them make me wonder if its real or if they just wanna be on TV,ya know?!

jordiwes wrote:
I enjoy watching it, but I don't like the humiliations. Ilove it when a wonderful singer appears. I get goose bumps!

I love the brother and sister.
I've yet to see someone like this on it yet, hopefully some are coming up!:)

The brother and sister haven't been on yet, although, whoever winsprobably won't be famous here, there's been what, 6 series' now? Andthe only person that's known here is Kelly Clarkson.

Ha Ha, I was thinking of starting a thread onthis! Haley, you're too funny. I love to watch the-sorry- idiots that think they can sing. Did you guys seethat lady and said she had a degree and such. She had a tudewhen they said no way and thought she was all that, funny.Simon's a gag, I know, I know he's mean, but ya know what? Ican't stand The Maury Show where they have umpteen kids and/orpaternity tests and don't know who the dad is, Maury needs to be likeSimon-he he.

OH there was one girl with very curly hair - shewas only 16 I think (but looked older)... can't remember her name, shewas REALLY good - in the 3rd or 4th hourI think.. I think shesang some Celine...

I like American Idol, but don't think if you hadtrue talent is a good way to go. Sure, it gives you a recordingcontract but you are always labeled as "American Idol Winner". Likethat Chris Daughtry(sp?), who was a runner up, but is more successfulthan the actual winner.

It's still fun to watch though! :). I'm starting to thinktheypay the really bad singers to audition for entertainment! Theycan't be serious! ;)

Spring wrote:
Ilike American Idol, but don't think if you had true talent is a goodway to go. Sure, it gives you a recording contract but you are alwayslabeled as "American Idol Winner". Like that Chris Daughtry(sp?), whowas a runner up, but is more successful than the actual winner.

It's still fun to watch though! :). I'm starting to thinktheypay the really bad singers to audition for entertainment! Theycan't be serious! ;)
My mum and I are convinced that man "Red" (we just saw him) was paid to go on:lol

I was wondering if that man Taylor was successful, he didn't even release a single here.:?

I was wondering if that man Taylor was successful, he didn't even release a single here.
I believe both Taylor Hicks and Fantasia have both just released a CD.I don't know if Taylor's had any hit singles yet; haven't heardanything from him. I did hear a lot of radio play several months agowhen Bo Bice released a single (The Real Thing). I believe CarrieUnderwood has been doing extremely well in the country genre, ClayAiken has been successful, and Kelly Clarkson has been riding high eversince she won. I haven't heard anything about Ruben Studdard; I'venever heard a song of his released here. It seems not all winners arehighly successful, but some are...either way it's a great way for newtalent to be exposed - once you get past the auditions and have weededout the attention-seekers and singer-wannabes-but-never-ever-should.

As far as Simon...he's rude and crude with many of the contestants, butI will bet you that many of the viewers tune in just to see what hewill say next, who he will slam with his insults. I doubt the showwould be nearly as successful without him. Unfortunately he does hurtpeople...remember the show where he remarked about one of the women whowas quite overweight? I can't remember her name now, but she did getchosen to go on to Hollywood, and she was direct with him when she sawhim...telling Simon that he hurt her with his nasty remarks. And heapologized. However, that didn't deter him from continuing on with hisslings and barbs...the bushbaby comment to that one young guy the othernight was quite nasty. Still, I do like the show, and oddly enough I dolike Simon. I enjoy watching some of the people who audition just forthe sake of appearing on tv (to a certain point)...and I love watchingthe real talent emerge too...not to mention some of the stories behindthe people as well. American Idol is very addictive!

(However, I wouldn't want to be one of the judges...can you imaginesitting through the thousands upon thousands of odd/silly/boringauditions that they do? After the first 20 or 30 I'd be so wanting outof there...lol)

Bassetluv, I believe you are referring to Mandisa, the overweight girl. Boy, she put Simon in his place too.

Spring, Chris Daughtery does have a cd out, it's not solo though, it'sa band called Daughtery, I have it. He should have oneIMO. The votes got screwed up between him and Kathryn andalot of his calls (votes) went to her # :shock:. I didn'tcare for her too much either. I love Chris, did from thebeginning. He was offered to join the band Fuel, butdeclined. I have his cd, it's pretty darn good. Hehas a very powerful voice.

Mandisa! Yes, that's the girl. Didn't she havethe most powerful voice?! I think everyone was shocked when she gotvoted out; I thought she had a great chance of winning. She was alsovery classy, I thought, the way she expressed to Simon that hiscomments had hurt her, yet she wasn't angry with him. I hope she'sdoing well with her singing career. :)

I love the show, after American Idol, we get Canadian Idol in the summer.

I thought I was going to fall off the sofa last week I was laughing sohard. What did you think of the girl that brought her motherin with her.

I still think they made a mistake when Rubin won, I really believe thatClay was the winner but they some how screwed thatup. If you remember it was Clay's CD that came out beforeRubins, and I heard on one of the shows that it was in the contractthat no one could have a CD release before the winners was released.

Susan:bunnydance:

SOOOSKA wrote:
I love the show, after American Idol, we get Canadian Idol in the summer.

I thought I was going to fall off the sofa last week I was laughing sohard. What did you think of the girl that brought her motherin with her.

:roflmao:

And then she sang the Pussycat Dolls!!!!:shock2::roflmao:

We used to have Pop Idol here, that was actually the "original" Idol,Simon Cowell was a judge on that, we only had two series of that.

Then Simon created a new show, the X Factor, and we've had 3 years ofthat now, it's way better than Pop Idol was:), it just finished atChristmas, but IMO the wrong person won!!!:X

So is anyone watching Idol now?

Did you see the first character that was on?:vomit: OMG where do these people come from.

Well I gotta get back to the show.

Susan:bunnydance:

I watched the last 2 in the firsthour. That geek had to go.That last chickwas good.(Oops, she was 2nd to the last chick).

Now I have to watch Tease, but I'll be flipping on commericials.:D

Susan, I really don't know where they come from OR what they're thinking...:shock2:.

Back