american fuzzy lop kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheandg

Reaction score
Today my broken black doe had a litter of 6. They all look great and the same size. I have a runt in my lionhead litter that I am thinking might not make it. again I am excited to see them grow and what colors I have. Dad was a chestnut and mom a broken black, They are about 5 hours old here

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

I LOVE the baby with the mustache...so adorable! Looks like you have at least 2 brokens with fairly decent markings!

OMGosh!I NEED those babies!!! Bring them to me right now!!!! why does nature do this to us? I can't stand it!

OMG!! They are TOO cute! They have gorgeous markings. Hope the runt is still alive :) Please keep updating; on behalf or bunny lovers, we want to see them growing! I never had a litter so it is exciting for me to see the babys!

(Also, what is the name of your camera? Its so clear!)

they are 9 days old and getting so big. I go on vacation for 4 days starting tomorrow and I am going to MISS them they are gonna look huge when I get back and all eyes should be open then.

I have a question about telling the difference between a broken blue and a broken blue otter. I think the broken blue might be an otter??? I hope not because it isn't a showable color. What should I look for? There is on black otter in the litter. Mom was a broken black and dad was a chestnut

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

blue?

IMG_0088.jpg

here's the broken blue and hoping it isn't an otter

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I want the little broken blue!!

And we shall share ;)I shall also take one of the whites, himi perferably! The one looks himi, or maybe it is just a shadow from the camera? :bunnydance:

So lucky to get so many colors from the parents. Looks like the lines are rainbows :inlove:

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
With a broken black x a chestnut, you shouldn't get otter.
Isn't is possible to get otters if the chestnut is A-at and the black is a-a? Then you could have babies with the genotype at-a, which would be otter. But then I would think you could only have otters, at-a, or agoutis, A-a, no regular blacks or blues. Is that right?

Acually otter and self are both possible.

black - aaB-C-D-E-
agouti - A-B-C-D-E-

in this case the parents appear to be

black - aaB-C-DdE-
agouti - AatB-C-DdE-

Which makes everything possible. Agouti can carry otter(My Dillan who is black got pregnant by Keebler, who is agouti but has a silver martin father, and produced "at" baby), because agouti covers up all other "a" genes. I BELEIVE, but don't quote me, since the sire does not have a self gene that means all the non-otter/agouti babies carry otter?

I have not read on genetics in a while but I still retain a bit. I know mostly basic genetics on comman colors in the comman breeds, just what I have worked with really. What puzzles me is the lack of any agouti baby, seeing as agouti is dominate.

Pam would be the one to truely help, I think.

Latest posts

Back