American Dift 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clevername

Reaction score
Sorry I just have to share This.

We've been working on this adventure for about a month now and Jermey has already started his trek. I've never met anyone so passionate about rabbits. I'm honored just to be part of this awesome event.

For everyone scratching there heads wondering what American Rabbits are please consult this thread. On Tuesday I'll be exchanging Bugs and Emma to be part of the Drift. The rabbits in this exchange will go towards refreshing the genetic population and starting up new breeders across the nation.

Ok I'm a little excited....:p

What a wonderful endeavor! And what a spectacular idea! It is so wonderful that people are willing to participate in sharing the genes. Better now than when the numbers drop even further! Good for you! And kudos to everyone involved in the planning and execution!

That is really cool!! Such a great idea!

So I'm back from Pittsburgh and I'm happy to share that everything went pretty well.

I've got 8 Americans in my basement now. Three of which are mine, the rest will be starting stock for 2 breeders north of me. The best thing is the almost none of these rabbits are related....:biggrin2:

Anyway, with out further delay...

Everyone meet Flora...
She's about 9 weeks old from a breeder in Southern California.
3428039924_5536c60cd6_b.jpg

3428040036_f7e8b91552_b.jpg

Next we have Big Earl. He tips the scale at 2lbs even.

set-72157613644199927
3428040138_0a9ec3db94_b.jpg

And last but not least we have this beautiful girl.... I need to get around to naming her yet. Any suggestions would be helpful :)
3427230027_dcaa390614_b.jpg

3428040312_4011cde18a_b.jpg

3427230253_76db70ae3f_b.jpg

That is amazing. :)

Dublinperky wrote:
They are so beautiful! I hope they stay healthy for you. Cinder would be a cute name for you last bunny!

Aly! :)
Thank you. I'll throw Cinder into my list of options.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the health and care Jeremy has taken with these guys. Every rabbit came with its own pedigree and gallon bag of food with the brand clearly marked. So far I haven't seen any signs of stress.:) The breeders involved have all contributed pretty healthy rabbits.

Latest posts

Back