Amazingly.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Our new aussie/heeler pup doesn't seem too interested in the bunnies! He can go right up to Bo's cage and doesn't seem to really care. Bo watches the puppy but doesn't get concerned either.

You'd think a puppy would be all over bunnies! anyone have experiences with this?

LOL! This is a good thing!

I had Mikey (my Flemmie) out for a walk on his harness yesterday and this little terrier on a leash ended up getting WAY too excited. Stupid owner was letting him come way too close. Mike just smiled at him (in a bunny way) until the thing started yapping, then he got confused and upset. I think once the the terrier got up his nerve, he was hoping Mike would run -- terriers were bred to hunt small game -- but Mike outweighed him, and he wasn't going anywhere (other than behind me for protection, a guard bunny he ain't). I ended up scooping him up.

Your pup being a cattle dog probably sees the bunny as a 'working' thing. If they were all out running around he'd probably get excited and want to herd them, but just round them up, not chase them. My Old English could get a whole schoolyard full of giggling kids in a corner before they knew it. (Nobody's afraid of OES, it's like being afraid of Walt Disney).

You'd think he'd at least show some interest, though! But again, this is good!!

Waiting for pics! :waiting:

Pets to all! :pet:

sas :bunnydance:

That is awesome. I don't really have any experience with dogs. My cat was very interested in the rabbits when I brought them home. She would sit next to their cage and poke them with her paw for a few days just to see them hop. Then the excitement wore off.

I think that it is a good thing that your puppy isn't going near the rabbits. Some puppies love to be around rabbits but they do tend to be rough with them!

Maybe it will take time for your puppy to get used to the bunny.. :wave:

It's really good your puppy is not interested in the bun. I've heard too many stories of dogs eating rabbits.

My brother has a standard poodle, and the poodle is really, really mellow. Like he looks at another dog, shrugs, and walks off. He doesn't bark (unless there's a cat outside), and plays with my cat that lives there. It's great.

I live in an apartment. One day, my brother had to come over to look at something, and the poodle always comes with him. I live over my mother's yarn store, and the poodle loves coming in and seeing the ladies.

This was back when I didn't have exercise pens, and the buns were just in their cages. The poodle went up to the cages, and my female moved inside the cage, causing some noise. The poodle jumped back, looking back at my brother, then went back to sniffing the cage. My female didn't know he was back there, her cage was covered in a blanket, so she didn't freak. It was really really funny.

Amy, our cat did that as well, but even now will sit and harass Bo for some reason. I think he likes his ears!

Pipp, yes, Sydney herds people, bunnies, ducks, chickens.. anything! so I'm sure Dallas will try if he sees someone out of place!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Amy, our cat did that as well, but even now will sit and harass Bo for some reason. I think he likes his ears!

Pipp, yes, Sydney herds people, bunnies, ducks, chickens.. anything! so I'm sure Dallas will try if he sees someone out of place!

Oh please give Bo a tummy rub for me I miss that tummy picture.

and phoenix trys to herd storm when they are out together or runs away from him she nly has to be told by storm once for her to steer clear

Well, I shouldn't have said anything!! He found Bo's cage yesterday or the day before.. and now it's "bark, bark, bark" and Bo will binky and hop around..... oh boy.... LOL

Latest posts

Back