Amazing inexpensive cage with a great price

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetrose

Reaction score
Libby The true north west Montana, Montana, USA
2 reasons I wouldn't get them. They are made of plastic and I'm afraid my buns would chew through them, and they are on the small side.

Let us know how you like them. I've seen good reviews.

The cage is 21x30x31". Definitely bigger than a 1x1 NIC cage which would be 14x14x14". Overall the sqaure footage of this cage is about 3 feet. I would say that this cage is okay for a very small breed of rabbit like a Netherland Dwarf as long as it gets lots of run around time in a rabbit safe room or an exercise pen. It looks like the design is very well thought out with the nesting box underneath and the litter tray system. Let us know how it works out for you.

I think that would be a good cage for a bun that is free rome that the owner wants a place to keep the buns things together I love the idea just make it on a larger scale if they want the bun to live in there.

I have my mini rex nethie mix in there and she loves it, she has lots of room to lay out and the plastic is one of those types that is really hard, she cant chew it, she chewed on her wire cage more then this one, she likes it and she does get out a lot she likes to hide in the nest area even when she has her open cage. ( i already ordered them and had them set up when I posted this)

One of my rabbits (she's fairly small) ate half of her Rubbermaid house, so I don't think a plastic cage would work out very well here. LOL.

Yeah, at 2 ft x 2.5 ft, not very big at all. They're okay as a nighttime 'lockdown' for a free-run bun with some modifications, but they shouldn't spend much time in there.

Rabbits REALLY hate having their environment open like that (they're instinctively afraid of attacks from the air( so best to put a cover over the top and part of the sides so they'll feel safe.

Or adding a three-sided cardboard 'hidey box' on one side may be an option, they'll love chewing it and they'll feel safer inside it.

A small shelf will also help. They really do better when they can hop up and down rather than just across a foot or two.

sas :expressionless

Back