am I supposed to clean / bath my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurabeth

Reaction score
I read you don't need to wash them because they are like cats and take care of it themselves. Buddy is constantly cleaning herself/himself (i'm not sure the sex yet).

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and she came up and got comfy next to my face and she smelled a little like pee. She doesn't have a cage, and she always uses her littler pan, so it's not like her bed or anything is dirty. Her littler pan was just cleaned too.

he/she is about maybe 3 maybe 4 months old now.
never smelled at all before yesterday, and who knows she may have just used the litter box.

but I was just thinking i'd ask anyway since i was thinking of it:)

Nope... definitely no need to bath your bunny. And in fact, it's best to avoid, since it stresses them out.

She may be getting her feet a bit dirty when she uses the litterpan. You can always create a false bottom in your litterpan, so that the poops and pees fall thru, and your bunny stays clean and dry up above.

I use "eggcrate" which I got from the Home Depot (in the flourescent lighting section), cut it to fit inside your litterbox and then put something below it to keep it up higher than the bottom. I use PVC pipes cut to a certain height and put one under each corner.

Here's a pic...
100_0905c.jpg

MagnoliaDee wrote:
Nope... definitely no need to bath your bunny. And in fact, it's best to avoid, since it stresses them out.

She may be getting her feet a bit dirty when she uses the litterpan. You can always create a false bottom in your litterpan, so that the poops and pees fall thru, and your bunny stays clean and dry up above.

I use "eggcrate" which I got from the Home Depot (in the flourescent lighting section), cut it to fit inside your litterbox and then put something below it to keep it up higher than the bottom. I use PVC pipes cut to a certain height and put one under each corner.

Here's a pic...
100_0905c.jpg

THANKSS!!!
yeah that's what I thought.
The litter pan had a grate on the top but my husband took it off because he said all it did was make the box annoying to clean, I'm so going to put it back on though because i don't want "pee paws" on my couch! or me!

Thanks again!!!

I've always liked the grate. A little bleach, water and time to soak and they clean up beautifully!! And if you have two grates, one on the clean and one in the box, all the better!!

MagnoliaDee wrote:
I've always liked the grate. A little bleach, water and time to soak and they clean up beautifully!! And if you have two grates, one on the clean and one in the box, all the better!!
haha two greats now there's a good idea:)

Latest posts

Back