Always wanting me to get a trio

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyshelties

Reaction score
Okay I totally understand that breeders like selling their buns in trios to people for breeding (two does and one buck) but it seems that every time I speak to someone about their hollands and ask about does they try to throw a buck or a trio on me. I explain how I am just really wanting ot get one doe right now and not trying to get in to breeding at this time and while one or two has been understanding, most of them have just kept pushing me to buy a buck with the doe or most often a trio. I will explain that I don't have the extra space right now and they keep pushing it at me giving me reasons to do it. As far as how breeders want to hear what is the best way to explain that I just don't want to breed right now as I don't have the space or knowledge. I have said those very words but most don't listen and I hear them explain for a good 30 mintues why I should breed?

sorry everyone, I just feel like I am not getting across well to the rabbitry owners and want to knwow what's best to say.

Thanks for your help.

Pretend you are a breeder too, and that you already have a couple of lovely does at home (if you are after a buck) or that you are looking for a doe to add into your line breeding to break it up a little...either that or just go with the breeders that were understanding :).

That's a good idea. I mean they are not mean or anything but it just seems that most of them don't listen to me. When I bred shelties most people advised against selling their pups for breeding purposes so I am not used to having someone push breeding on me lol.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

It could also be the time of year... a lot of breeders still have unsold rabbits from earlier spring litters that they need to get "moved out" before the next round of fall litters arrive. They figure offering / pushing trio's (and even Pairs) will help "shove off" those extra's and will free up cage space for the new fall litters.

Just stand your ground and be firm, but understanding. When/if they offer the trio and you first turn down the offer then leave it at that... if they try offering or insisting, firmly state "You already offered me this and I'm NOT ready for any more, please don't ask again"... the more reliable / honest breeders will respect your decision and choice and should not question you again.

If a particular breeder keeps pushing - just tell them "You've offered more than once, I've mentioned that I'm not ready for any more than what I'm specifically looking for, you're obviously not listening to me so I've decided to purchase from someone else who understands my needs and concerns. Have a good day."

I'm sorry you're having this experience - I hope you find an honest breeder that has that special lop earred furball you're looking for. ;)

~Sunshine

Thank you Sunshine. I will stand my ground!! I am just not ready to take on that many buns right now and I feel it would be irresponsible of me to start breeding at this time.

Thank you again for all of your help.

Latest posts

Back