Almost time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassfuentes

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Cassandra and I am about to be the proud mother of a blue Holland Lop girl on Sunday! Now, I've spent the last month researching and I am a member at a few other forums but I wasn't getting very many responses on those forums and I sure do have a lot of questions! I live with my boyfriend Steve, who is just as excited about bringing her home although he won't admit it publicly! We are the proud parents of two darling sugar gliders, Topaz and Clove, so we have experience with exotic pets and going to slightly ridiculous lengths for our tiny furry friends. We're hoping we can provide the best home possible for our little baby bun and now that its down to the wire on days I'm a little frantic for a support system so I look forward to learning from you all!

Welcome and congratulations on getting a new rabbit! Feel free to post any questions you have. People are pretty good on here, about responding, though you may have to occasionally bump your thread up, as sometimes they get missed. Also check out the library section, as there is a lot of helpful info and links on rabbit care and health. And when you get your new bun, make sure to post pictures. We all love to see pics of everyone's rabbits :)

Hi & welcome, Cassandra, Steve, sugar gliders & soon to come bunny!
This a the place to come to ask questions & meet other helpful bunny people! Everyone here is friendly & helpful when they can be. I still remember my excitement & nervousness when it was time to get my girls! If this is your fist bunny be prepared to be addicted! lol Great to have you here & look forward to hearing about & seeing your new bunny!

Welcome! Bring on the pics and it doesn't just have to be pics of your new bun we'd enjoy seeing the sugar gliders as well. We have at least one member with Sugar Gliders as well. Congratulations on getting a new bun, it is always so exciting and I am sure you will be head over heels in no time!

Welcome Cassandra! Yes, post pics of all your animals. And of your bunny when you get her. Sugar gliders are so cute! I have wanted to get one for a while.

Thank you so much everyone, I'll definitely be posting a bun picture as soon as we bring her home on Sunday! Topaz, our suggie boy is very shy and not in the mood for photos but heres one of his sister Clove!

397328_10150429926225286_2047566826_n.jpg

It's so surreal to me that people keep gliders as pets :p I've only ever seen one in the wild, but it was a pretty special moment, they're such beautiful animals.

Well I spoke the the breeder and she was comfortable with our bunny going home with us today ssoooooo....
INTRODUCING CLEMENTINE!

She seems so outgoing already! At first I lifted her out of her travel crate and she hopped right back in, not interested in coming out so I put her in her litter box and gave her space but now shes hopping around all over exploring! I am forcing myself not to get back in there with her!

0427131454.jpg

0427131507a.jpg

0427131509a.jpg

0427131510.jpg

0427131511.jpg

0427131531a.jpg

Hello! I believe you're also on Rabbit retreat? I joined this forum in the hopes that it would be more active. I love the pictures of your furbaby :) bringing home a rabbit is something really special, especially the first time!

Last edited:
I am on rabbit retreat and I came here for the same reason, everyone here has been so nice and helpful! (the folks at rabbit retreat are sweet too lol)

After running around and exploring for an hour she's done a nice big flop in her litter box and is all tuckered out! Also I've notice a lot of little poo pellets in her litter box but no where else! I know its way too early to judge but I think its a good sign!

Aww, what a little cutie!!! Very good on the litter box use, Bandit was very good with it straight up when I brought him home too. There's bound to be a few accidents, but that's great so far.

Yes I love the Rabbit retreat people(there's just not as many members)! Bunnies do seem to learn very quickly to use the litter box, especially since they usually go in one corner anyway. :)

Welcome! Clementine is adorbs! I recently got my first little holland lop baby a week ago.. boy are they a special breed of bunny. I heard so much about their loving personality but really got a taste of it when I got mine, what sweeties they are! Hope to see more of your little gal

Well I work evenings and I came home to a pen covered in pee lol. Not just a corner, sprayed all over, I think she was just claiming her territory! So I guess she feels at home enough to pee on everything lol.

lol, she has made herself quite at home hasn't she? lol. If you use paper towel, put some of it into her litterbox. I think it's possibly unlikely she'll do it again, now that she's claimed her space she won't feel the need to. Just as well you put that plastic in front of the walls :p

Back