Almost lots two kits this week

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
So we kept our momma and her 6 kits in the house. In a large dog cage. Not sure how but two kits escaped the nest box. They are currently 10 days old. I have been searching for 2 days for them. Ans hadn't found a single one. Finally today my husband took the cover off the furnace. Sure enough found both bunnies. Both are perfectly fine. Thankfully. When I put them back with their litter mates they squeeled. Can't wait for momma to feed them tonight.

They can get out at 2 days old. Don't underestimate what kits can do. Do you have anything to keep them from getting out of the dog cage itself? If not, you need to because they'll be roaming very soon.

I ended up putting some boards up around the bottom if the outside of the dog cage now. But in a week they can all move outside to the other cAges where it will be impossible for them to get out of.

Just make sure the boards are tall, or tie some cardboard to the sides of the kennel. Kits can climb too...higher than you'd think.

Latest posts

Back