Allergic To Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Due to Covid-19, I couldn’t buy Apollo’s hay from where I usually do. And had to buy hay from my local pet shop. It was pretty much my only option because I had finished the box of hay and it would take 13 days to get a new one.
Since we’ve brought it, he’s had a wetish nose. There is no discharge but it felt wet and my mother and brother had noticed it too. I’ve also not heard him sneeze either.
One of his eyes is a little wet too, so it’s clear that the hay is doing more damage than good. I’m going to use saline solution on his eye. I also tried to order the nicer hay today and there was none in stock. So I guess I’m going to have to use this type of hay during quarantine.
My real question is: What can i do to make the hay less dusty? And prevent this from happening while using the hay?

You can put hay into a much larger bag and keeping one hand inside that bag shake it well, better do it outside, and let it settle, then carefully take hay from the bag and place it somewhere else, most dust will stay in there. What brand of hay did you buy?

Thank you! I’ll have to try that!

The hay that I usually get is from HayBoxClub or SmallPetSelect
The hay I brought was PetsAtHome hay

I think It might be just the hay also.Shadow gets like that when the hays dusty It looks wet like that too.

Latest posts

Back