All-Time Favorite Movie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I'm really curious as to what everyone'sall-timefavorite movie is (yesss, pick just one! Yourabsolute favorite out of all others). If you feel like it, express whyit's your favorite.

My all-time favorite movie is Titanic, and I am currently watching itfor about the 100th time, litterally. And no, it's not because of Leo.I think it's an amzing movie with incredible special effects. I lovehow they brought such an awesome, true story to the big screen and wasable to elicit so much emotion. At the end, when the ship is going downwith Jack and Rose, when they held their breath I've sometimes held mybreath during that scene without even realizing it! Just an all aroundamazing movie.

:anyone:

Braveheart. I have watched that movie countlesstimes. It is also my BF's favorite movie. 300 was pretty good, probablymy 2nd favorite though.

~Star~

I normally wouldn't say this one, but the reasonI am this time is because everytime it's on tv I have to watch it-DirtyDancing! Makes me want to learn all that.:D I lovewhatBaby's dad says to her after seeing her dance and what hesays after he finds out Johnny didn't do the dirty deed too.

It's A Wonderful Life. I cry every time I watch it.:tears2:

Susan:bunnydance:

The Abominable Doctor Phibes from 1971, campy,funny, horror film with dark humor, incredible music and art decosets. Vincent Price is way over the top as the villain,Doctor Phibes. Vulnavia's outfits and hats are to diefor. Dr. Phibes, who is supposed to be dead, starts killingoff doctors using the Biblical plagues.

Can't count how many times I've seen it

"Night of the Lepus". I want to try out for the sequel if they make one...but only if the buns win this time.

The BunFather

P.S. Harvey is the runner up - but he's WHITE and I'm black...

Oh - I am so torn on this.

Art & I went to see "You've Got Mail" in the theatres FIVETIMES when it came out and we were in Alaska. That's right - fivetimes!!! We bought it at 12:01 am the day it came out on saletoo.

But - I think if "Shall We Dance?" had played near us - I would havegone to see it more than that. I just love that movie (the version w/Richard Gere although I do have the original Japanese version too).

So as far as what I saw in the theaters the most - "You've Got Mail"(which I can almost quote line by line w/ the actors) but "Shall WeDance?" touches my heart like few other movies do.

Maybe it is because it expressed my longing so much at that time in mylife and how I "should" be happy with my family (and I am) but I neededsomething more. Just in my case.....it was my rabbits.

Peg

Oh gosh...I have so many! Well, 'You've GotMail' has to be around the top for me, as it just struck such achord with me, over something I went through a few years ago. I met aman online; we were friends through a forum and email, but never met in'real life'. We met because he had started a thread about his dog. Ilost my mom when I was 10, just as Meg Ryan's character in themoviehad. And I wound up feeling encouraged to start writingbecause of him. My favorite flower (again as in the movie) is thedaisy. And if correct, I share an oddity (one of many) with thisman...both of us had planned on road trips to New York (where thismovie takes place) in the past - separate trips, longbeforewe knew one another. And each time - for each of us - the plans werethwarted at the last minute. It felt as though neither of us wassupposed to go there for some reason. I can't watch that movie withoutcrying.

I have many other favorites too...for comedy, 'Trains, Planes andAutomobiles', 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'.

Horror...'Alien' scared the *** out of me! And that made-for-tvone, 'Trilogy of Terror' (one of the stories had that littleAfrican-looking doll-man with the pointy teeth...yikes!!)

Animal movies...'Black Beauty', 'My Friend Flicka' (theoriginal), 'Ring Of Bright Water' (very hard to watch theending), 'Thomasina'.

Oldies...'Harvey', 'It's a Wonderful Life', 'The Best Years of Our Lives'.

Adventure...'Jurassic Park', 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

And many many more favorites! No wonder my son is studying to become a movie director...;)

Well my first place is definately Wizard ofOz. I couldn't say how many times I've watched thatmovie. I just love it!!

But I also really love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (theoriginal ofcourse, although the Johnny Depp one was great too, I ownthat one too)

And I also love Shawshank Redemption along with The Green Mile

I could name a bunch though :)

Crystal

Hmmm.... picking just ONE from thislist? One of the first two I guess... or maybe three.. orfive... or...

Nashville, Citizen Kane, Cabaret, Harold and Maude, ShawshankRedemption, The Usual Suspects, The Shipping News, Salvador, MysticRiver, Pulp Fiction, Legends of the Fall, Fitzcarraldo, TheSixth Sense, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Carrie, Dark City, The BadSeed, American Beauty, Missing, Biko, Coal Miner's Daughter, Brazil,Se7en, Once Upon A Time In The West, Out of Africa, Fargo, TheNightmare Before Christmas, Good Will Hunting, Philadelphia, TheProfessional, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Erin Brockovich,Pollock, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Gods Must Be Crazy, The Daythe Earth Stood Still, 12 Angry Men, Cat Ballou, Silence of the Lambs,Dressed to Kill, All About Eve, McCabe and Mrs. Miller, Psycho, ThePlayer, Phantom of the Paradise, The Princess Bride, Shrek, X-Men,Alien, Jurassic Park, The Haunting of Hill House, Pirates of theCarribean...

I've gotta say :yeahthatto Indy and the Last Crusade, Dirty Dancing, Life is Beautiful, Forrest Gump.

I will add Sense & Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice (BBC version, more of a mini series), Spanglish

Can't narrow to just one - sorry

Out of Africa, Sophie's Choice, L.A. Confidential, Sense andSensibility, Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, Forest Gump, Gladiator,Legends of the Fall

And Sas, I loved Biko as well. I need to buy it - haven't seen it in about 15 years.

Guilty Pleasure movies:

Elf, Meet the Parents, Old School, Zoolander

Back