"All My Kits"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyRabbits

Reaction score
Beware post-show hormone surges in your rabbits. Our trip to the York show last weekend turned my rabbit barn into a soap opera.

Dear little Dawn, a three-month, 1-week old doe who is going to her new owner in another few weeks, still stays with her mom Bessie in her hutch. After the show, she was all revved up. She flirted mercilessly with her father (no less!) Guenther, as his hutch is beside hers and Bessie's.

Now Katie Barncat, Guenther's special friend, noticed this, and she decided she needed to demonstrate that she was the more important female. She hopped into Guenther's hutch and started grooming him with her tongue. Guenther immediately forgot all about Dawn and closed his eyes and went off into a dreamworld. But once Katie had made her point, she hopped back out of Guenther's hutch. Dawn was right there to pick up the slack.

Dawn really got Guenther hot and bothered. Boy, was he grunting with interest. Thrilled, Dawn thought she would hop right on into his hutch, which actually is an impossibility given the way the hutches are set up. I scooped her up off the floor and put her back in with Bessie.

By then Bessie had had about enough of watching her daughter acting like an absolutely incestuous (line-breeding!) hussy. She mounted Dawn and rode her as if to say, "So, you're interested in having a boyfriend? Let me tell you about that. And, remember, if you get knocked up, you'll have to raise a passle of brats like yourself!" I thought it was just the funniest thing.

Fortunately, several days later, they had all calmed down again and Dawn didn't flirt with Guenther so hard. Whew! What goes on in a rabbit barn! Beware those post-show hormone surges!

Same here! LOL, most of my boys are farther away from the girls but my mini rex male and my velveteen lop male are being teased something aweful because they are over with the girls. It really is an ugly rabbit version raunchy film festival the boys are nuts because they can smell the girls and the two boys in with the girls are being teased to no end . . . And we haven't even been to the spring show yet.

Latest posts

Back