All I want for Christmas is...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartbunneh

Reaction score
Yeah, the title pretty much says it all. This year, for Christmas, in addition to all of my lovely gifts, I got myself something too - a broken, mangled hand. Woohoo! Yeah, right... How 'bout something more like: ugh, ouch, yuck, eek, and grr!

On the way into my parents' home on Christmas Eve I slipped on the ice and landed flat on my face with a pretty banged up left hand and wrist. Knock, knock - who's there - just me...and by the way, could you bring me a towel because I'm gushing blood all over your front porch. Um, thanks and nice to see you too. Oh yeah, and happy holidays. So off to the ER we went.

I really needed stitches on the inside of my palm, but since it was so mangled up, there was no way to close the wound. And, if an open wound on my hand wasn't bad enough, I ended up breaking my hand/wrist. Luckily it's not a serious break and will heal relatively quickly, but it hurts like, H-E-double hockey sticks, and it's preventing me from playing with all my Christmas gifts.

Anyway, I have a gross open wound on my palm that feels like it's tearing apart every waking momeny of the day and a snazzy new fiberglass splint and ace bandage for my break. The only plus is that it wasn't a worse injury and instead of a cast I got the removable splint. I guess you got to look at the bright side, eh?

Sheesh...that brings my broken bone count for 2007 to a whopping 4.

Here are some owwie pics, but if you have a weak stomach, I don't recommend looking as they're pretty gross. But keep in mind the pictures do not do my injury justice. And I don't have any pics of my dolled up and sexy splint...lucky you...

HandInjury.jpg

HandInjury1.jpg

Happy holidays and please...for your own safety...don't wear stiletto heels while walking on the ice.

<3 Lexi

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Duly noted, "don't wear stiletto heels while walking on the ice"

I hope you feel better soon.:hug2:

*jackie

Ouch! A few years ago I cut a four inch long gash in my palm while ice skating. It wasn't too deep, though it still hurt like all get out. I can't imagine breaking my wrist at the same time.
Praying it heals quickly. :pray:

Heels? Ice? In the same sentence??? I wince just at the thought...

I'm really sorry you got hurt. That must really suck. Yucky, stitches... Lol. The mere thought of being sewn up like a doll freaks me out. Lol. I can see graphic pics no prob... but I can't bear the thought of being stitched back together. Lmbo.

I hope it heals quickly! That fiberglass sling thing sounds cool. So it replaces a cast? Heh!

Latest posts

Back