All About Your Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How old was your bun when you first got him/her?
4 months :)
Was he'she a rescue?
She was surrendered to the humane society by an owner with too many bunnies:)
Her name was Sarah, but I changed it to Solara :)

Is it a purebred or a mix?
Mix of who knows what :) I've been told Rex, Silver, and many more.
Do you keep it inside or outside?
Inside! Too many dangers outside! We live in the country-ish area. There are a lot of foxes, coyotes, hawks, and stray cats that could get her. We have no "yard" either, because we live next to a busy road.
Has he'she had any health problems/scares?
Not yet, and hopefully it stays that way! :)

Just a guess, but Scone was probably six to eight weeks old.

Was he'she a rescue?

No. My son's then-girlfriend bought Scone in a pet shop. He was supposed to be my son's pet, but Scone had other ideas and very quickly made it clear that I was his human.

Is ita purebred or a mix?

As much as you can tell on a pet shop bunny, I think Scone's a pure opal mini-rex. We were told that he came from a breeder in Ithaca, but wasn't show quality. He's very definitely Scone quality in my book, though.

Scone shares his house with me.

Scone's had more or less annual bouts with stasis since he was two or three (he's seven now), usually in early Fall when he's in his pre-winter shed. With age, he's developed bridging spondylosis (a spinal disorder) which is well controlled by bi-weekly shots, and he had a bad time with kidney stones in December (thankfully, gone). Right now we're watching him for a heart arrhythmia, but he's acting just fine so I'm hoping that was just stress.

Nibbles (RIP) was a baby when we got him from a farm.
Zeus (RIP) was a baby we got from a pet store.
Barnaby was 8 months old when I adopted him.
Berry and Ziggy where both 2 years old when I got them.

Was he'she a rescue?
Barnaby was a rescue. Berry and Ziggy I got from someone who couldn't keep them anymore.

All of them are/where purebred except for Nibbles.

Nibbles was kept outside for awhile until I got older and did my own research on bunnies and moved him indoors (my parents got him when I was very young). All the rest of my rabbits have always lived indoors.

Nibbles was very healthy and passed away when he was 15 and a half from old age. Zeus had some teeth problems, and passed away when he was only 2 when the vets where trying to remove a growth from his throat. Barnaby has had some GI issues but I usually catch them early enough that they haven't ever been a huge problem, he's otherwise very healthy. Ziggy has never had any major health problems. Berry had a stroke in Jan. and we thought for sure we where going to loose her, but she has recovered almost fully and is doing very well now. :)

Smokey R.I.P - 1st bun I had we got from a breeder as a baby
Truffle R.I.P - 2cd bun Got her from a local pet shop as a baby.
Eclipse - Had from birth, is daughter of Smokey and Truffle
Blue - Got from a petshop as a baby
Leo - Got from same petshop as Blue as a baby (got them together)
Clover - Got her from a petshop as a baby, as the other baby rabbits in the pen were from a separate litter and bulling her.
Fiver - got from the same petshop as Clover.

Was he'she a rescue?
None as rescues, unless you class Clover as one from taking her away from her bullinging pen mates.

Smokey - Was a grey purebred Netherland Dwarf
Truffle - Was a black Dutch though was sold to us as a lop
Eclipse - Is a dark Siamese sable Dutch/nethie cross
Blue - Is a blue teddybear lionhead
Leo - Is a Japenese Harliquin lionhead/lop mix
Clover - is a frost point mini lop
Fiver - Is a black otter mini lop

All kept outside in larger 3 tiered hutches, Blue and Leo live together, Clover and Fiver are together and then eclipse lived with Truffle, she's now on her own.
Clover used to live indoors when she was a baby but was moved outside as she got older.

Smokey - all through his life he suffered from teeth problems and they had to be regularly clipped, he did have a operation to remove a mouth tumour and then he got a second tumour in his mouth when he was 10 which, the vet said would be hard and risky to remove, he was in alot of pain and so he was put to sleep.
Truffle - never had any problems till last july when she suddenly showed signs of lethargy and wouldn't eat or drink, we rushed her to the vet who stuck her on a drip, unfortunatly she passed away during the night at the vets.
Eclipse - Currently has shown no signs of illness
Blue - Currently has shown no signs of illness
Leo - Currently has shown no signs of illness
Clover - Clover did have a case of skin mites which was treated successfully and she used to have a problem when poop on her bottom but that has got really better since we paired her with Fiver and since she's slimmed a bit.
Fiver - Currently has shown no signs of illness.

I got Pancake from the local humane society about a year ago. She was spayed by her previous humans. She loves to give your hair bunny kisses and nibbles and run around. I got Riley about a month later to be her friend. He wasn't neutered until I got him so it was a while before he stopped being aggressive. He bit pancake a couple times and once drew blood. He wasn't being mean on purpose, just very dominant. Pancake is a patient girl though and now they're good friends! Riley has always been very cuddly, although he won't go out of his way to cuddle anymore. For instance, when he had his hormones he'd jump up on the couch to watch TV with us. He still loves cuddles but only on the floor.

PS they are indoor bunnies and run around freely except at night. I take them outside most days for an hour or two, although they don't care for the deep snow we have now.

I have one bun.

Storm is about 3 years old.
I adopted him from our local Humane society a year and few months ago.

He was neutered by the Humane society the day I brought him home

I think he is a netherland Dwarf mix.

Storm has had issue with Gi Stasis. From the day I got him but knock on wood we have not had a issue in a while.

Storm has free rome of my bedroom and is caged at night. He has a pet giant deluxe.

Kat :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back