Alert! Netsky Worm from Chicago/Ameritech DSL User!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score

Thank you, Dootsmom, for this very important message.

Someone did steal Danielle's address and did a tune on her machine at least a month or more ago.

Sad that people like this exist. What goes around comes around.

-Carolyn

Netsky Worm Info : The Netsky ( Netsky.D ) is aninternet worm - 17,424 bytes of binary code that exploits, as usualsecurity holes in Microsoft OS. It was first detected on 1st March2004. The NetSky worm spreads only via e-mail by sending itself toe-mail addresses found in the infected computer. Watch out for emailwith the following subject titles ...

Re: Re: Document
Re: Re: Thanks!
Re: Thanks!
Re: Your document
Re: Here is the document
Re: Your picture
Re: Re: Message
Re: Hi
Re: Hello
Re: Re: Re: Your document
Re: Here
Re: Your music
Re: Your software
Re: Approved
Re: Details
Re: Excel file
Re: Word file
Re: My details
Re: Your details
Re: Your bill
Re: Your text
Re: Your archive
Re: Your letter
Re: Your product
Re: Your website

Thank you so much, Dootsmom. :dude:

You're right on top of this, and we all are so grateful.

You're The Best. :dude:

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, It's a shame that we all have to be socareful about opening our "mail"! Half of the time I delete themajority of my mail before reading it. It's so important to make surethat the Topic of an email that is sent or recieved is explicit! Asimple "Hi" just doesn't "cut it" anymore!!!!

I had a heart attack yesterday! I couldn't find your Invite!
I had put it in that "safe place" (where things disappear forever!), luckily I was able to finmd it this morning!

See you soon. Give Tucker a big squeeze for me.

:D Charlotte

Obviously you're gonna know if its a virus if itsays RE: before it...because the RE only comes up if it's someonereplying to a message you already wrote to someone, and the title wouldstill be the same, so say if I wrote to Carolyn "Hey Carolyn!" and thena virus came back saying "Re:Your Message" obviously it's not the sameperson.

That's just my 2 cents..

Unfortunately, this "virus" comes to you fromsomeone you think is "real". It can fool you! It fooled me in Marchwhen I opened an email from a girl, i thought, that was on anotherchatroom. She was going to send me pictures of her buns. I opened: Re:Your Picture. It was the worm! It can fool the best of us!

Actually, it's the attachment that contains the worm.

My 2 cents thrown back!

MyBunnyLovesMe,

If it says it's from '[email protected]' then that is Not to be opened.

That is not ligitimate, it's a troll who stole her address and is spreading viruses.

The [email protected] is from this forum.

Dootsmom,

Very much looking forward to seeing you and yours. :cool: We're going to have a beautiful collection of bunnies.

If you have any questions, email or call me.

See you Saturday.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back