Ailment Photos Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
When my old computer crashed, I lost all my photos of rabbit ailments that I had taken over the years, so I need to ask everyone for a little favor ;)

I'm doing a rabbit disease presentation for youth in March and need ailment photos for a power point presentation. The photoscan be posted here so people can see what I have and what I still need.

Thank you so much everyone for your assistance!

Photos needed of ailments and abnormalities:

snuffles, vent disease, pot belly, ear canker, abscesses, mange, abscess, weepy eye, torn ear, spots in eye, malocclusion (butting as well as "wolf" teeth), bob tail, sore hocks, crooked legs, flystrike, bot fly larvae, tumor, enteritis "wet tail", severe molt, any other photos of interest.

Hi Pam,

I will send you several tonight....malocclusion, spinal luxations, splay legs and the worst eye infection you have ever seen...resistant pasteurella.

Randy

Not sure if these are any use to you. This is Nibbler with virgin syphi/ vent whichever you prefer. He was not affected at his bits just his eye and nose. He is a little bit bald as he had a biopsy done but it shows it pretty well (PS I know we have soem younger people so I added a graphic photo bit to thread title hope you don't mind)

bunnies127-1.jpg

bunnies1255.jpg

bunnies1171.jpg

Pam, is this photo of Chalk's abscesses any good? (We believed it was a reaction to the sutures used to stitch up her previous abscess op)

20080560640.jpg

Before they burst:

20080510134.jpg

Great photos!

Yes Becknutt- I can use one of the ear mites.

I think the kids will find this presentation very interesting and will help them be able to recognize various diseases.

Pam

Not terribly good pictures, but virgin syphilis in a two week old rabbit, mother had no symptoms.
100_5918a.jpg

100_5921a.jpg

Swelling of entire genital area caused obstruction of the anus.

Difficult to see, but pot belly and minor skin/nail abnormalities due to nutritional deficiency. She was bony but had a big belly. Diagnosis- molar spurs.
100_4473a.jpg

Again, bony rabbit with a drooping belly and very poor fur condition. Fed entirely on Small World Rabbit Pellets (ugh) and she has megacolon. Fecals tested negative for parasites and unusual bacteria.
9250.jpg

Neck abscess in dewlap just below the healing scar. Scar was from a prior untreated abscess.
100_0761a.jpg

And... this is why you should check the babies to make sure the mom is feeding them. Orphans about 1 week old, mom died that morning as did one sibling. Skeletal and weak, only one survived.
100_6133a.jpg

000_0036a.jpg

I didn't think to take pics of their enteritis, which was the cause of death for the one and nearly killed Dora. Looked a little like baby food peas but lighter and looser.

There's some great pictures in the Library too. If they aren't labeled, I might know who they're from so you can ask permission.

Pam I have some bot fly larvae pics I can give you. They are already out of the rabbit and on my hand... Dont know if that'll work.

I also have a thread in here somewhere (time sensitive decision) about Knuckles, who was abandoned at the vet office. It's full of his wound and recovery pics. Could youo use them?

I think this would be conjunctivitis? It was the first sigh of pasteurella in a baby out of my litter. The rabbit was 10 weeks old at the time. You can see how cloudy his eye was.

dsc00173bx3.jpg

This is his abscess 10 days later, after attempted surgical removal, much draining, and several bouts of meds. He was euthanized the next day after his abscess burst and his health took a turn for the worst. The area around it had been shaved a week before.

dsc00248mn2.jpg

Holly

Pam, I'll email you Karla's abscess and pressure wounds' photographs.

2aaab6x.jpg

Pebbles has a wet noseand sneezes. This is something that she lives with and it doesn't affect the other bunnies.

2r53iah.jpg

She then wipes her nose with her paws.

Maybe I'm too late now, but it just dawned on me that I have tons of pics of Holiday & Fiesta - my two bridge bunnies that had severely splayed legs. You can use those pictures as well, of course.

The rabbit school isn't until March, so there is plenty of time to get in photos for me to use!

Thank you everyone!

Pam

Latest posts

Back