AHH - Went to mailbox and found a rabbit still alive that was hit by a car

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
He was trembling so i moved him to the grass. It seems like his legs are broken.

I feel so bad and looking for advice on what to do. He is currently still in the grass.

this is a wild rabbit.

oh my god, poor thing. If it does not seem like it would hurt him, maybe move him indoors and put a towel or blankie down and lay him there with some food and water? Keep him warm and comfy. Try to get in contact with a nearby wildlife rehabilitator if there is one nearby? I hope bun is okay.

Oh man...poor thing he must be suffering and in pain. Not really sure what to tell you though. I'm surprised the poor thing survived at all!! Good luck :pray::sad:

I seriously doubt he will survive Justin but maybe you can do like Emily said and at least keep him warm and as comfortable as possible

I just called and they told me to keep him in the dark tonight and to call wildlife crisis tomorrow. Hopefully he lasts the night.

It sucks because this has never happened before and now that I have a rabbit it hits home a bit more.

Will update tomorrow.

Justin, that is so nice that you are helping the little guy out, making him as comfortable as possible.

Your an ANGEL.:bunnyangel2::angelandbunny:

Susan

Oh, I'm so sorry...I know exactly how you feel, my little baby bunny broke her hind leg 5 weeks ago. She held it tucked under her belly, that's how I knew it was broken. Later confirmed by X-ray.
It was suggested by the vet that I isolate her in an aquarium tank...I kept her there for 3 weeks,plenty of water..she was and still is constantly licking and grooming herself. I sincerely attribute this to her full recovery in 5 weeks that she has made. Plenty of fluid, pellets, hay and fresh lettuce. Good luck...please update

Poor thing! I hope he makes it through the night. This is very kind of you to do, and I really hope the bunny will make it.

update:

HE MADE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!

I'm headed over to the rehabilitation center right now. Wish this little guy luck!

Oh, thank goodness! I haven't been posting since I really didn't know what to advise, but I'm so glad that he pulled through the night, it seems like a great sign! Hope the little guy starts having some better luck now!

Kudos to you for taking care of this guy until he could get into experts' hands. I hope they can help him!

I dropped him off and they told me they were going to take good care of him. The wildlife crisis center was truely awesome. There was a birds walking around, a house trained duck, a falcon on a shelf uncaged (all tame), along with hummingbirds, rabbits, and countless other animals.

And i finally have pictures!

Rabbit I found:

img0466to.jpg

img0466to.jpg

And this is a pic of my GF in front of the animal that greeted us on our way into the center :p
img0472sq.jpg

img0472sq.jpg

img0472sq.jpg

That's great that he survived! The rabbit looks very cute. And is that a deer? That's awesome that they're able to help all those animals.

Back