ah! winnie ate chocolate!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
i can't find any information about what does i should be worried about.

my roommate got me one of those chocolate smash oranges for christmas. i opened it up last night and enjoyed part of it (i can't remember how much i ate), i completely forgot about it. . . feel like a complete fool, but i just got home and found it on the floor with winnie bites taken out of it.

she is acting normal, greeted me at the door, she is running around normally, nothing seems out of place. . . do you think i am in the clear? should i call the vet anyway???

i have no clue how much was consumed and when it was. . . just that it was . . .

geez, as if my day wasn't bad enough already!

Katt, Nadia's Charlie (I think it was) ate chocolate not that long ago, he was fine. Should be okay, I need to dig up the thread on that...:?. I'll see if I can find it;).

thanks, i tried looking for threads about it, but couldn't find any. . .

yes, sorry i didn't update!

i was up till 3 am with winnie. she seemed very high strung, and very edgy, but she still seemed okay. i pumped her with water and hay, even forced some pedylite down her just to help get it out of her system. she never got the shakes, or started having major freak-outs which was good as i called the emergency vet and they knew next to nothing about rabbits.

she ended up finally falling asleep around 3 am, i did the same, she must have been exhausted as she was still sleeping next to me when i woke up the next morning to get ready for work. she is completely back to her old self now.

but, the only problem: she now LOVES chocolate. . .i brought home a box of chocolates that a friend gave me last night, my roommate and i were 'sampling' a few, and winnie was trying everything in her power to get a taste, she was even licking the inside of the box top till we noticed and snatched that away. . .

guess from now on we are going to have to be beyond carefull around chocolate in the house

oh winnie

may i say-AIR-TIGHT CONTAINER'S!! Pickles will CHEW into a bag of cat food; just the other day mom found a hole in a plastic paper bag(the bag of cat food was inside). mom asked if Vi had done it(she hadn't been out of my sight long enough to-she was in the kitchen with me.)and i said no, it had to have been Pickles! crazy cat! he also tries to steal pop corn! and any other food-but pop corn and cheese are his faves:p:shock::D!

Anna

Glad she's doing well!!

It really depends on what kind of chocolate it is (dark vs. milk...) and how much they ate as it's all about the amount they consumed. If it's a tiny piece, usually no worries.

I had to take charlie in because he was eating semi-sweet chocolate and I had no idea how much he ate since it was a huge bag of chocolate chips. In my case, it was a good thing I took him in because he definately ate enough that it became toxic.

So glad to hear it was a false alarm for you! Those emergency vets really are useless unless it's to provide simple care.

Nadia

katt wrote:
but, the only problem: she now LOVES chocolate. . .i brought home a box of chocolates that a friend gave me last night, my roommate and i were 'sampling' a few, and winnie was trying everything in her power to get a taste, she was even licking the inside of the box top till we noticed and snatched that away. . .

I'm so glad winnie is ok!

I had some chocolate while Wash was out once and he got a hankering for it and started sniffing around my mouth. Eventually he timed it just right so that she shoved his head into my mouth and started licking chocolate off my molars...them crazy bunnies

Back