Aggression?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua

Reaction score
Hey Again

My sweet innocent bunny is being not so sweet and innocent. The firstthingI should say is he is neutered. I am just wondering ifthis might be something that will go away with time? This is aboutSpyral, who lives with Brindle.

The other day when I went to take him out of the rabbit run, he thumpedat me, "growled", and jumped at my legs. I take it he didn't want to bereturned to his cage...but I have had male rabbits before and I don'tever recall them thumping, or lungingat me.

Right now he is fairly agitated as one of my other boys escaped fromthe run and unfortunately hung around Spyral's cage. When he gets upsethe tends to take it out on Brindle which isn't that fair to her. I'massuming he isbeing territorial.... but again the other malesdon't seem to be agitated by the presence of the other boys.

I know that alot of bunnies don't like to be picked up, but he wouldlet me pick him up even one handed before. Now whenI try heruns away/tries to scratch before he is even off of the ground. So ofcourse I am leaving him be and hoping he will settle down.

Is this aggression....typical of a neutered male bunny? If so my othershave all been unusual;)Dermot seems fairly laid back, and ofcourse my 13 year old netherland is pretty calm ;) I'm really hopingthis is something that will pass with time.

-Aqua

How long ago was he neutered? Sometimes it can take a few weeks for the hormones to cycle out of his body.

Thank you for the reply,

He was neutered a little over a month ago, and he wasn't like this before he was neutered.

-Aqua

Aqua wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

He was neutered a little over a month ago, and he wasn't like this before he was neutered.

-Aqua

My male was the sweetest thing before his neuter. After, hewas a little different. Using the entire cage (and house) asa litterbox. About two months after his neuter, he is nowback to his sweet self. Perhaps your bun's hormones are stillraging. :?

It takes them a while to settle after a neuterdoesnt it, so we can't expect miracles from day one .. (my way ofthinking as Benji has his neuter on Thursday) I'm reallyhoping this will eventually settle his ways, though I've come to theconclusion that he's a really nervy bunny and attacks out of fear asmuch as anything else ...

Looking forward to getting him another little bunny to play with.

Do you have to pick him up to put him back inhis cage? Maybe he just doesn't want to be pickedup. When I was bonding my rabbits and they had to be carriedinto a neutral area, my dutch boy would sometimes thump and grunt whenI went to pick him up. He would be a little on edge when Iwent near him, even if it was only to pet him. Once they werebonded and could start playing together in the same room as theircages, he stopped thumping and grunting at me and became moreaffectionate.

Latest posts

Back