Aggression

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha.jay

Reaction score
My mom bunny just had 2 babies 2 weeks ago and all of the sudden today she keep attcking them and bitting them. She dont want to let them eat. I dont know what to do. Can they eat pellets already already i need help on what to do?

What does your setup look like? Can the doe get away from the kits? It can be very stressful when the kits get mobile (they are at 2 weeks) and the doe has no way to get away from them, like a higher level or time outside the enclosure. You can take out the kits and return them for feeding around dusk and dawn too if the situation is dire. I would give her half a day rest and privacy now and return the nestbox before dawn.

Another thought, check the does nipples if they look wrong, like inflamed and red, if they are infected nursing could hurt.

They just start to eat solids now, but can't be weaned before 4 weeks of age. If there is a problem with the doe you might need to start handfeeding them (others know better what formula works), they might soon drink from a saucer on their own - but be aware that this is a rather last resort if there is no way the doe can feed them.

Last edited:
The mom now bite her baby and made it bleed. I let her be alone but that was thw outcome what am i doing wrong?

Latest posts

Back