After effects of spaying.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I am looking into getting my English angora rabbit spayed in the next few months, as she should be old enough then (she is around 5 months old I think) I am still looking into my local exotic vets. (First I got to save enough money for it as I am a teenager still.) any after care advice? I am going to give her some old blankets to keep her comfortable. Anything else?

I know the small risk of her dying, but I also know the reward. Also what age would be the best to spay her at? I was thinking maybe at 7-8 months old? Is that too young? What age would be safest.

Here's a thorough article from the House Rabbit Society on spaying. Nearer the bottom is info on post-op care.
https://rabbit.org/care/spaying-neutering/
Finding a reputable vet is key. The article has suggested questions to ask a potential vet, so be sure to question a few different vets until you find one that has the right answers.

Hi! I am looking into getting my English angora rabbit spayed in the next few months, as she should be old enough then (she is around 5 months old I think) I am still looking into my local exotic vets. (First I got to save enough money for it as I am a teenager still.) any after care advice? I am going to give her some old blankets to keep her comfortable. Anything else?

I know the small risk of her dying, but I also know the reward. Also what age would be the best to spay her at? I was thinking maybe at 7-8 months old? Is that too young? What age would be safest.
it's not too young and not too late, but always consult with your vet to make sure it's the safest age for your bunny.

Here's a thorough article from the House Rabbit Society on spaying. Nearer the bottom is info on post-op care.
https://rabbit.org/care/spaying-neutering/
Finding a reputable vet is key. The article has suggested questions to ask a potential vet, so be sure to question a few different vets until you find one that has the right answers.
Good idea. I have heard so many horror stories about it. So thank you!

Latest posts

Back