Afraid to trim nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
Every time I try to trim my rabbit's nails, she freaks out. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm sure there is a thread on this but I must have missed it.

Thanks

The human ones are great, Try and use TOE nail clippers since their bigger and easier to grip. The only animal in our house I use finger nail clippers for is my rat :)

However I prefer to use dog nail clippers on all my animals from the rabbits to the birds to the cats and dogs.
I use the smaller size of Conain Pro clippers,
http://www.ez-groom.com/catalog/who...r Pet Grooming Nail Clipper - Large color.jpg ( i think their all yellow and black now) their like 7-8$ love em love em love em!

Having the blade, cutting part, closer to the tip makes cutting SOOOO much easier, and alot of clippers will put them closer to the handle which is awkward, which is why i like the conair pro ones.

I flip mine into my lap as well, or with afraid ones I'd do the "bunny burrito" wrap in a towel and make sure they were held tightly with their face covered. That's how I'd get my ferals and fosters to accept toenail trims. My own pets would let me flip them to do trims whenever. Good luck!

Back