Advice on new cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellaboo

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have a Mini Rex female named Bella. I am thinking of getting her another cage. This is a picture of it. It is 29"W x 29" L x 43" H. Each square is 14" x 14". I am concerned that it might not be sturdy enough. Please let me know what you think. She does get to spend time in the house with us. But I thought that she might be lonely and want more room to move and maybe a companion. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome to the forum Bellaboo! :welcome1

The cage isjust fine for your mini Rex Bella. If you purchase the cage at the asking price of $119.99 + $35.00 shipping, that will cost you $155.00 :shock:

Many members here have built their own cages with the same material for alot less money.
I will let themsend you theirreplies on theirexperiences and costs.

Rainbows! :)

It looks great! It would be sturdy, though I know it doesn't look like it.

I made a cage for each of my buns out of the same thing, except I attached the panels with zip ties (really cheap), and used pegboard as flooring (rough side up, also very cheap). The good thing about building it yourself is that you can construct it any way you want. You can make it whatever size you want, make the additional levels whatever size and shape you want, you can even build them stairs going from top to bottom on the outside of the cage if you want! I love the creativity doing it myself allowed. :)

The cage you have pictured is really nice, but doing it yourself is much cheaper and isn't that difficult to do. :)

You can check out the thread about cage pictures to get some good ideas on how different members designed theirs at:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=1931&forum_id=1&page=1

You can also check out this thread, posted by TrixieRabbit, about how she made hers:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12961&forum_id=6&jump_to=203230#p203230

I hope all that helps! It's really fun, and much cheaper, though the cage you picture is quite nice, too! :)

Let us know what you decide to do, and be sure to post a picture of the cage in the cage photo blog! :D

P.S. Welcome to the forum!! Be sure to also post pictures of your bunny. :)

It's an okay cage as far as that type go, but if you have the room then one grid longer would be better. That would make the base about 28"W x 42" L.

Were you looking at buying this? They're easy to make and much cheaper to make yourself. You'd probably save at least $50.

BTW, I love grid cages! They are definately sturdy. I use the connectors that come with the grids and use zip ties to help keep everything together.

I love TrixieRabbit's cage plans. I think that I would rather make this than buy it. Thanks alot for all the help.

I will post a picture of the cage as soon as I make it.

And pictures of Bella soon.

Back