Advice for after anaesthetic?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
OK, so on Monday Truffles got neutered and all was well, apart from when the vet was removing his cannula from his ear he jumped and she snipped his ear, so the vet said she would stitch it up free of charge the next day. When I brought him home Monday night he was eating, pooping, peeing and drinking fine.
Yesterday he was under anaesthetic again for his ear so it could be stitched up, that also went well and as planned, however now he's home, he seems perfectly fine he's eating and drinking, and has done a few poops, but not many, should I be starting to get worried? As I have said he has done poops but not very many and the ones seem normal, although he hasn't been eating all his cecals as there is 1/2 in his cage. Is there anything I can do to encourage him to poop a bit more or is he okay?

Going under two days in a row has probably just slowed down his system a bit. If he's eating and drinking well and has pooped a bit, I would give it a little more time. You'll look away, and next minute there'll be a big pile of fresh ones in the litter tray! :D If he's anything like Bandit and dives into his hay whenever it's "fresh" I would try changing it out to encourage him to keep eating a bit more and perhaps going to his tray to eat it will encourage the digestive process :)

Going under two days in a row has probably just slowed down his system a bit. If he's eating and drinking well and has pooped a bit, I would give it a little more time. You'll look away, and next minute there'll be a big pile of fresh ones in the litter tray! :D If he's anything like Bandit and dives into his hay whenever it's "fresh" I would try changing it out to encourage him to keep eating a bit more and perhaps going to his tray to eat it will encourage the digestive process :)

Thank you, I am so worried about him, he seems happy and is still running around but just he isn't pooping as much as he usually does.
I was wondering if adding apple juice or anything to his water will help?
He is also grooming himself quite a bit so I am worried about him ingesting hair :(
My poor baby looks like a unicorn with his horn on backwards atm bless him.

1400681989979.jpg

I would encourage lots of water drinking anyway you can. It sad that his ear is hurt but he looks so cute with it bandaged up like that.

I would encourage lots of water drinking anyway you can. It sad that his ear is hurt but he looks so cute with it bandaged up like that.

He has been drinking plenty of water, has also been eating lots
He is cute with his ears bandaged :) my little backwards unicorn <3

Latest posts

Back